Latest post Wed, Mar 6 2024 2:20 AM by TMVC. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 5 2024 10:12 AM

• TMVC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Singapore
    • Posts 104
    • Points 1,410

Disk access denied

I've run into an issue where I'm unable to import, mixdown, export; pretty much do anything on Avid when mounted with the media spaces I created from Editshare. 

The frequent errors I've run into when trying to mixdown is DISK_ACCESS_FAILED. Importing however is this message, " the path conversion from UTF16 to MBCS Failed."

This occurs when I set the targeted video/audio drive to my created media spaces. Not a problem when connected to my local disk. 

Even tried to tweak the settings in Permissions to grant myself full control but no luck.

• Tue, Mar 5 2024 3:32 PM In reply to

• isamson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 17 2016
    • Posts 43
    • Points 360
    • ! Avid Employee
      Avid Customer Service

Re: Disk access denied

Hello,

I have created case 04767223 on your behalf. Please provide me the following information by replying to the case, I need this so I can forward the case to our Technical Support team.

1. Version of Media Composer you are using

2. Computer operating system.
    3. System ID

Thank you very much

Iny

I've run into an issue where I'm unable to import, mixdown, export; pretty much do anything on Avid when mounted with the media spaces I created from Editshare. 

The frequent errors I've run into when trying to mixdown is DISK_ACCESS_FAILED. Importing however is this message, " the path conversion from UTF16 to MBCS Failed."

This occurs when I set the targeted video/audio drive to my created media spaces. Not a problem when connected to my local disk. 

Even tried to tweak the settings in Permissions to grant myself full control but no luck.

• Wed, Mar 6 2024 2:20 AM In reply to

• TMVC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Singapore
    • Posts 104
    • Points 1,410

Re: Disk access denied

Running Media Composer 2023.12 on Win 10 i9-14900K RTX 4070

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller