Latest post Fri, Mar 1 2024 4:36 PM by isamson. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 1 2024 4:08 PM

"Failed to get the sample position from the AMA Plug-in".

Hello there. I´m working with old DV files, stucked inside Avid Media Files and OMFI Media Files.

I´m using Avid Media Composer, Ultimate 2024.2.

I´ve draged the msn.MMOB files directly into a bin. But there´s no way to play the clips ( I can easily play them from the drive in VLC player). I always get the error: " Exception: Failed to get the sample position from the AMA Plug-in."

I´ve tried to move all the files between external drives, also made new projects and moved the clips between bins and relinked the clips, but always the same error.

In Console I also get:

[MSP_MXF Plug-In] Has no any essence track ! 0x8000FFFF D:\ws\workspace\Lepo\ama\build-win\ama-plugins\xplat\AMAPlugins\MSP_GenericMXF\source\GenericMXFSampleMapping.cpp(1231)

[MSP_MXF Plug-In] Cannot use storage API! 0xA0000069 D:\ws\workspace\Lepo\ama\build-win\ama-plugins\xplat\AMAPlugins\MSP_GenericMXF\source\GenericMXFSampleMapping.cpp(803)

[MSP_MXF Plug-In] Invalid index! 0x8000FFFF D:\ws\workspace\Lepo\ama\build-win\ama-plugins\xplat\AMAPlugins\MSP_GenericMXF\source\GenericMXFSampleMapping.cpp(1249)

Do I nead new AMA plug-ins?

Anyone who has an answer to this problem???

System info:

Windows 11 Pro. Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631

System Name DESKTOP-393Q09N

System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model B660 GAMING X DDR4

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU Default string

Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K, 3600 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. F5a, 3/28/2022

SMBIOS Version 3.4

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 63.8 GB

Available Physical Memory 43.7 GB

Total Virtual Memory 67.8 GB

Thanks, Iris
  • Fri, Mar 1 2024 4:36 PM In reply to

• isamson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 17 2016
    • Posts 43
    • Points 360
    • ! Avid Employee
      Avid Customer Service

Re: "Failed to get the sample position from the AMA Plug-in".

Hi Iris,

I have created case 04765674 on your behalf and sent it to our Video Editor Support team. The next available resource will contact you to address the issue.

Thank you very much!

Iny

Hello there. I´m working with old DV files, stucked inside Avid Media Files and OMFI Media Files.

I´m using Avid Media Composer, Ultimate 2024.2.

I´ve draged the msn.MMOB files directly into a bin. But there´s no way to play the clips ( I can easily play them from the drive in VLC player). I always get the error: " Exception: Failed to get the sample position from the AMA Plug-in."

I´ve tried to move all the files between external drives, also made new projects and moved the clips between bins and relinked the clips, but always the same error.

In Console I also get:

[MSP_MXF Plug-In] Has no any essence track ! 0x8000FFFF D:\ws\workspace\Lepo\ama\build-win\ama-plugins\xplat\AMAPlugins\MSP_GenericMXF\source\GenericMXFSampleMapping.cpp(1231)

[MSP_MXF Plug-In] Cannot use storage API! 0xA0000069 D:\ws\workspace\Lepo\ama\build-win\ama-plugins\xplat\AMAPlugins\MSP_GenericMXF\source\GenericMXFSampleMapping.cpp(803)

[MSP_MXF Plug-In] Invalid index! 0x8000FFFF D:\ws\workspace\Lepo\ama\build-win\ama-plugins\xplat\AMAPlugins\MSP_GenericMXF\source\GenericMXFSampleMapping.cpp(1249)

Do I nead new AMA plug-ins?

Anyone who has an answer to this problem???

System info:

Windows 11 Pro. Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631

System Name DESKTOP-393Q09N

System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model B660 GAMING X DDR4

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU Default string

Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K, 3600 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. F5a, 3/28/2022

SMBIOS Version 3.4

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 63.8 GB

Available Physical Memory 43.7 GB

Total Virtual Memory 67.8 GB

Thanks, Iris

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller