Latest post Tue, Jan 30 2024 4:09 PM by Todd H. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 30 2024 3:43 PM

• Todd H
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 9 2006
    • Mansfield, Texas
    • Posts 132
    • Points 1,745

Avid Media Composer Ultimate....Perpetual

I wasn't paying attention and bought my renewal for Media Composer from video guys like I have been doing forever...I bought the ultimate and not the perpetual.

I have been using the perpetual forever...have had media composer since 06. I activated the ultimate subscription and now my perpetual ends on feb.2

So my question is, does this even matter anymore?  Do I now own two media composer liceneses?  Can I ever go back to my perpetual product and will I ever have to.

Sorry if this is confusing, I am just wondering if the mistake I made matters and should I go back and change it (if I can) or since we have to renew every year anyway and its the same price (499) for the ultimate and the perpetual it makes no difference....seems I have a few more options with Ultimate.....With perpetual I just had the symphony option.

Yes I am an idiot.  I saw the 499 on the video guys page for media composer renewal and paid for it without realizing it was the ultimate and not the perpetual I usually buy.

Todd

Windows 10 pro 64 bit MSI x299 sli plus intel i7 7820x EVGA ge force 1060 G.Skill Ripjaws 31 gb 3200 ram Samsung 960 pro 512gb boot drive 4 tb toshiba... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 30 2024 3:53 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,850
    • Points 259,260
    • ! Avid Employee
      !Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Developer Moderator
      ForumsAdministrator
      Moderator: Edit on Demand
      Moderator: SSAI PHAI
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid Media Composer Ultimate....Perpetual

Hi Todd,

Not to worry....... email me this info and your system ID and MyAvid email ddress and we can help.  Happens to the best of us....

Marianna

[email protected]

Sr. Director | Customer Experience and Community [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 30 2024 4:09 PM In reply to

• Todd H
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 9 2006
    • Mansfield, Texas
    • Posts 132
    • Points 1,745

Re: Avid Media Composer Ultimate....Perpetual

Thank You Marianna I sent you an email with the info.

Todd

Windows 10 pro 64 bit MSI x299 sli plus intel i7 7820x EVGA ge force 1060 G.Skill Ripjaws 31 gb 3200 ram Samsung 960 pro 512gb boot drive 4 tb toshiba... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller