Latest post Wed, Nov 29 2023 6:26 AM by Eyal CB. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 23 2023 8:58 AM

• Eyal CB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 3 2006
    • Posts 36
    • Points 575

lock clips in timeline

Hello

I suggest adding the option to Lock a clip(s) in the time line Meaning: with Sync Lock enabled on all tracks in time line, users can select a clip(s) in time line with the segment tool and lock it. This will prevent the locked clip(s) from being affected by extract or trim edits on parallel tracks, while keeping the entire timeline, including the clips ahead of the locked clip(s), in sync. Of course, if this will cause clips to overlap, Avid will prevent the editing action This is effective when there is a music or video clip underneath/above the edit and you don't want it to be affected by editing operations, but Further in the channel there are other music or interacut clip and you want them to stay in sync

Tank you

Eyal Cb

• Mon, Nov 27 2023 8:17 PM In reply to

Re: lock clips in timeline

Eyal CB:

Hello

I suggest adding the option to Lock a clip(s) in the time line Meaning: with Sync Lock enabled on all tracks in time line, users can select a clip(s) in time line with the segment tool and lock it. This will prevent the locked clip(s) from being affected by extract or trim edits on parallel tracks, while keeping the entire timeline, including the clips ahead of the locked clip(s), in sync. Of course, if this will cause clips to overlap, Avid will prevent the editing action This is effective when there is a music or video clip underneath/above the edit and you don't want it to be affected by editing operations, but Further in the channel there are other music or interacut clip and you want them to stay in sync

Tank you

Eyal Cb

Hi Eyal,

I just logged this feature request.

Thanks,

Ajay

• Wed, Nov 29 2023 6:26 AM In reply to

• Eyal CB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 3 2006
    • Posts 36
    • Points 575

Re: lock clips in timeline

Hello Ajay

Great.

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller