Latest post Tue, Nov 7 2023 3:58 PM by Editmvp. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 3 2023 4:30 PM

MDVx or alternative?

I have a series of commercials that are separate projects but all drawing footage from each others' managed media, with some housed on NEXIS and some on a local drive.

I'm trying to find a reliable way to make a walk-away copy of each project for archiving purposes.  Copy ONLY and ALL the media used in ANY bin in a particular project to a new volume / directory so that when all the other media sources are gone, the project can be opened and all its media will be online.

We have been trying to accmplish this with MDVx but it seems like it may be missing some of the clips in some circumstances.  We have not gotten responses from the developer of MDVx so I'm guessing they may no longer be active?

Is there an alternate tool (ideally on macOS) to accomplish this?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can all offer.

• Fri, Nov 3 2023 6:21 PM In reply to

Re: MDVx or alternative?

I don't know of an alternative, Although I know the dev of MDV so shoot me an email, and I'll set something up. 

• Tue, Nov 7 2023 3:58 PM In reply to

• Editmvp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 3 2008
    • Billings, Montana
    • Posts 176
    • Points 2,055

Re: MDVx or alternative?

I've been doing this for years and still works great.

Transcode all media in your sequence, then consolidate to a drive with no other Avid Media Files. Copy the Avid Media Files folder and your project files to your archive or storage device.  I just did this with a couple big projects with tons of media from multiple sources over many years.

Primary System: Media Composer Ultimate 2024.2 | Avid Artist DNxIO | iMac 2020 i9 10-Core 3.6/128GB/2TB-SSD/Radeon Pro 16GB / OS 14.2.1 | Artist Color... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller