Latest post Sun, Oct 29 2023 11:36 PM by WAIF2318. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Oct 29 2023 6:48 AM

• WAIF2318
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 15 2011
    • Posts 366
    • Points 4,415

about subtitle software~~~

Locked Contact

In addition to "Newble title" and "Boris title", are there any other subtitle software that can be plugged into avid media composer? And can it also support Chinese input?avid title+ does not seem to support Chinese input.

• Sun, Oct 29 2023 9:20 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 1,054
    • Points 13,385

Re: about subtitle software~~~

Locked Contact

I don't know of any other that supports Avid AVX plugins.

Some of my students have faced the issue concerning chinese subtitles or converting from Mandarin speech to English subtitles.

Subtitle Edit is a (free) separate program that will handle text in many languages and is also able to use a number of online services to perform translation. You can then export this (in an Avid-friendly format) and import using the Subcap tool.

I've also been experimenting with Davinci Resolve's new tool for creating subtitles from speech. The latest version supports Chinese (I think possibly only Mandarin) which can be exported in a subtitle format such as SRT.

This is then brought into Subtitle Edit, translated to English and then imported into Avid.

Results are generally quite good, with the weak point mainly being the accuracy of the translation. This could be improved using paid translation services, rather than the free automated ones. I did hear that ChatGTP might do a better translation job, but it complained about the length of the subtitle file I'd inputted!

HP Z800, HP G9 Fury, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Decklink 4K, Ultrastudio 3G, Symphony 2018 & 2022, Boland BVB25 OLED, JVC DTV1910 HD CRT, Eizo ColorEdge... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Oct 29 2023 11:36 PM In reply to

• WAIF2318
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 15 2011
    • Posts 366
    • Points 4,415

Re: about subtitle software~~~

Locked Contact

Dear Bruno M , thanks for your reply

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller