Latest post Mon, Dec 18 2023 12:02 AM by jkedit. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 24 2023 9:44 AM

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 21 2018
    • Posts 143
    • Points 1,700

Media Composer Lag with Effects Palette Open

Hi,

This is the second editor this has happened to and I cannot figure out how to fix it. Over time, lag and slowness comes into the editors media composer. Editor has been working for months on the same computer and same version. I tried all the usual fixes, delete MC State, reinstall media composer, delete unity attic, delete computer name reference in the project but nothing seems to help. But the moment the editor closes effects palette the timeline become snappy again. Has anyone come across this before?

Last thing tried was to increase ther media cache from 2GB to 12GB but I have yet to see this setting help with issues in the past.

Any help is always appreciated,

thank you, Rory

Versions affected 2022.4 and 2022.7

• Tue, Oct 24 2023 2:31 PM In reply to

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 143
    • Points 1,700

Re: Media Composer Lag with Effects Palette Open

Hi Rory,

I have created case 04698243 on your behalf and sent it to our Video Editor Support team. The next available resource will contact you to address the issue.

Thank you very much!

This is the second editor this has happened to and I cannot figure out how to fix it. Over time, lag and slowness comes into the editors media composer. Editor has been working for months on the same computer and same version. I tried all the usual fixes, delete MC State, reinstall media composer, delete unity attic, delete computer name reference in the project but nothing seems to help. But the moment the editor closes effects palette the timeline become snappy again. Has anyone come across this before?

Last thing tried was to increase ther media cache from 2GB to 12GB but I have yet to see this setting help with issues in the past.

thank you, Rory

• Tue, Oct 24 2023 4:03 PM In reply to

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 143
    • Points 1,700

Hi, thank you for this.  I was hoping someone from the community may come across a similar issue before, they generally have much more hands on experience with the software,

Rory

• Wed, Oct 25 2023 8:20 AM In reply to

Rory T:

Hi Rory,

I have created case 04698243 on your behalf and sent it to our Video Editor Support team. The next available resource will contact you to address the issue.

Thank you very much!

Rory, 

Unrelated to the issue you're describing.  Who/where did this reply come from? I see no posts from a moderator, Avid rep. or site admin. Were they deleted from this thread by someone? 

Rory T:

thank you, Rory

Why copy-paste your own post again?

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own systems: 1x Z420 E5 1650 32GB memory quadro K2200, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 24GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Wed, Oct 25 2023 10:17 AM In reply to

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 143
    • Points 1,700

Hi  Jeroen,

I think the website was having a moment.  I did not write the second post.  I was surprised to see it attributed to my account.  The avid case was created by an avid support named Iny. 

Rory

• Wed, Oct 25 2023 4:42 PM In reply to

Hi Rory,

Rory T:
    I think the website was having a moment.

I don't think so.

Rory T:
    I did not write the second post.  I was surprised to see it attributed to my account.

I can imagine. It's rather obvious you probably did not write this.

Rory T:

The avid case was created by an avid support named Iny. 

I do not know Iny or how she does her job. But this feeds my believe that even Avid support reps do not know how to use this forum.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Wed, Oct 25 2023 6:23 PM In reply to

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 143
    • Points 1,700

Well, if you do not think it was a website mistake, then there is serious privacy cencerns if a support rep can post under my account without my knowledge, password or authorization. 

• Thu, Oct 26 2023 8:41 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 1,054
    • Points 13,385

I've started seeing this generic reply on a number of threads in the last few days.

Sounds suspicious to me.

HP Z800, HP G9 Fury, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Decklink 4K, Ultrastudio 3G, Symphony 2018 & 2022, Boland BVB25 OLED, JVC DTV1910 HD CRT, Eizo ColorEdge... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 18 2023 12:02 AM In reply to

• jkedit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 17 2011
    • Bratislava - Slovakia
    • Posts 17
    • Points 195

the problem with hanging avid is also on 22.10

MC 23.12, 22.12.6, 21.12.10., 22.7, 22.10, 23.3, 22.12.1 10x Hp z4 g4 quadro5000, rtx2080ti, 10gb client Hp z8 g4 dual xeon 384 GB RAM, quadro 5000 ... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller