Latest post Thu, Sep 28 2023 7:19 PM by TSuhm. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Sep 24 2023 1:20 AM

• TSuhm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 16 2010
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 49
    • Points 690

same as source export option

Is it possible to get the "same as source" export option back when exporting a simple quicktime?

Or at the very least would it be possible to have the export frame rate automatically set to the same frame rate as the project frame rate that you are currently working in by default?

The problem I was having is that the exporting frame rate setting seems to memorize the last frame rate a quicktime has been exported no matter what project frame rate you are currently working in. For example I was dealing with two projects at the same time last week, one was 23.976 fps and the other one was in 25 fps. So when I exported a quicktime in the 23.976 fps project I didn't realize at first that the exporting frame rate was still set to 25 fps, which to me doesn't make a lot of sense and I took it for granted that when exporting a quicktime at least the frame rate would automatically be set to the projects frame rate but obviously I was wrong and I only realized it afterwards that the quicktime I was about to send to the sound designer had the wrong frame rate.

It would be really cool to have this "fixed" :-)

MC 2023.8, OS 13.5.2, MacBook Pro (15" 2019), 2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 24 2023 11:13 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 1,066
    • Points 13,550

Re: same as source export option

Quicktime is officially dead. It was based on 32 bit code and officially replaced (by Apple) with AV Foundation.

If you're on a PC with WIn 10 or 11 (which still supports 32 bit applications), you can still install the QT libraries to maintain backward compatibility with older projects/versions of Media Composer (eg. 2018.12.15) which still has SAS, but no such luck with any Mac OS after Mojave.

If you made export presets in MC with the correct frame rates, you wouldn't need to check your settings for every export.

HP Z800, HP G9 Fury, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Decklink 4K, Ultrastudio 3G/4K, Symphony 2018 & 2023, Boland BVB25 OLED, JVC DTV1910 HD CRT, Eizo... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 24 2023 12:34 PM In reply to

Bruno M:
    If you made export presets in MC with the correct frame rates, you wouldn't need to check your settings for every export.
    But it does require you to create presets for every frame rate you may work in. How many times do you really need a frame rate conversion upon export? I wish there was a "Project Rate" option, which would append the project's frame rate as the export frame rate.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 28 2023 7:19 PM In reply to

• TSuhm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 16 2010
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 49
    • Points 690

Job ter Burg:

Bruno M:
    But it does require you to create presets for every frame rate you may work in. How many times do you really need a frame rate conversion upon export? I wish there was a "Project Rate" option, which would append the project's frame rate as the export frame rate.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

The frame rate in the export window should always be automatically set to the project’s frame rate by default so that you cannot accidentally create an export with a different frame rate.

And for everyone who really wants their exports to have a different frame rate there could be an option that you need to actively check/uncheck first in order to manipulate the frame rate. Sort of like a safety precaution.

MC 2023.8, OS 13.5.2, MacBook Pro (15" 2019), 2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller