Latest post Fri, Mar 29 2024 9:40 AM by Robert Martindale. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 11 2023 4:09 PM

• congaman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London, UK
    • Posts 78
    • Points 1,020

New Blue Titler Pro 7 - just wasted hours...

Hi

I've had a look at some other posts but can't seem to find the problem.

New Blue Titler Pro 7 seems to be an extraordinary piece of plug-in software that simply doesn't work.

I've followed the recommendations and saved each title as a file on my dekstop in a folder and save as... every time and overwrite the file when changed.

I then change the last title in the sequence and it changes all the other titles. When I go into the previous ones and open the saved file it doesn't restore those saved titles - just maybe half of the elements within it. Grrrr!!! Hence the hours wasted.

Does it just not work or is it pants? I'm getting quite angry about this because of the wasted time trying to get an edit out of the door quickly. TP5 had its problems but not like this.

I'm running 2023.3 with an i9 13th gen and RTX A4000 12gb card with 128gb of RAM, so not for want of power.

Thanks

Chris

• Thu, May 11 2023 5:02 PM In reply to

Re: New Blue Titler Pro 7 - just wasted hours...

OPEN A SUPPORT TICKET WITH NEW BLUE.  They respond in a decent time.

I9-NVidia3060-160ram-WIN11PRO-MC23.12-NewBlueFX-Photoshop-Shutter Encoder-Boris Continuum 12.5-VLC Player [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 11 2023 5:09 PM In reply to

• congaman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London, UK
    • Posts 78
    • Points 1,020

Thanks for the reply.

In fact my main problem was that Enable Titling Sharing was ticked. Now unticked so that has helped.

Let me see how I get on. If still a problem I'll open a support ticket.

Thanks again

• Sun, Feb 4 2024 1:12 PM In reply to

• Mart157
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Oct 30 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Completely agree. I'm using an Apple Studio, before that a decently powered iMac. The weeks of my life that have been wasted using New Blue Titler Pro. I desperatly want to use Avid but as soon as I begin adding New Blue titles a bag of pain begins.

Have had lots of contact with NewBlue but the problems have never been fully resolved.

• Sun, Feb 4 2024 4:51 PM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 1,058
    • Points 13,450

I think you all have a lot of patience to be spending weeks on this product.

I recently tried it myself and it started misbehaving with the simplest of titles.

If it fails on the simplest of tasks then I'm not just not interested in taking it any further - I have Titler+ if I really want to go down the "I'm going to get this work if it kills me" path!

Avid is really now just for offline - a great editor, but it's over as a finishing tool. For finishing I now use a combination of After Effects, Photoshop and Davinci Resolve.

HP Z800, HP G9 Fury, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Decklink 4K, Ultrastudio 3G/4K, Symphony 2018 & 2023, Boland BVB25 OLED, JVC DTV1910 HD CRT, Eizo... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 5 2024 7:46 AM In reply to

SO....YOU CAN'T FIGURE OUT A SIMPLE TITLING PROGRAM LIKE TITLER PRO. EH?

SORRY....IT WORKS FINE HERE.......DETAILS PLEASE ABOUT YOUR LACK OF SUCCESS....

I9-NVidia3060-160ram-WIN11PRO-MC23.12-NewBlueFX-Photoshop-Shutter Encoder-Boris Continuum 12.5-VLC Player [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 28 2024 10:25 PM In reply to

Ronald-Greenberg wrote on 3/28/2024, 6:10 PM

I recently updated New Blue Titler Pro 7 and when that happened I lost the ability to see the scene below my graphics. I use Avid's media composer. I contacted their help platform and they told me they were aware of the problem and the updated software had been sent out without this very important feature. What graphic person can create a graphic without being able to see the background? We tried to use a former verison but that failed as well. I contacted some other friends which have the Avid platform and they also confirmed the issue. It took nearly 2 months for them to create a beta version which finally allowed me to use their software again. During that time it took me a very long time in Adobe's After effect to recreate similar effects for a series I was doing for a client. It took hours and hours to do this. Once the problem was somewhat repaired by New Blue I reached out again to the help desk and told them that I was unable to use their software for an extended time and request some compensation for the time that their problem existed. A representative by the name of Steve told me that I only paid a small amount for a "$ 500 software" and that he would not compensate me for the time when the software failed. In my mind this is clearly stealing. I suggested that they give me some discount on a future purchase or they could send me a check. He said no!... Not sure If I will continue using this software...but in any event if you have a problem with this company...and you pay for software which you can't use for a period of time when it is their fault...then don't be surprised when they steal from you as well.

• Fri, Mar 29 2024 9:40 AM In reply to

https://community.avid.com/forums/p/209333/959603.aspx#959603

this problem is solved in the latest beta, ron.......it just hasnt been issued yet...meanwhile, in the link above is a simple workaround for you, ron.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller