Latest post Fri, Sep 16 2022 11:40 PM by BobRusso. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 19 2022 7:07 PM

Option+double-click bin in Shared Storage - locks bin or opens with no ownership?

Hello,

We recently upgraded from Avid Media Composer 2018 to 2022 in our office.  We are on a Shared Storage environment where we use Shared Projects with bin locking functionality.

In the Avid Editing Guide on page 95, it has this entry for option+double-clicking bins:

" To open a bin without controlling the lock:

> Alt+double-click (Windows) or Optino+double-click (Mac) the bin in the Project window. "

In Media Composer 2022, it works exactly this way as described, but in Media Composer 2018 it works differently.  When you option+double-click a bin in 2018, it locks the bin even if no other user had the bin open.  It shows a red lock, and you can't save the bin.  I looked back in the older edit guides and I see no mention of option+double-clicking being used to lock a bin, and all the older guides describe the functionality as it works in 2022 above.

So I am curious, is it a setting that I am missing within the editing program, or something you need to check when first creating the project and/or the media space?  Is it prehaps a console command to change the function of the option+double-click feature?  Any help is greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance, cannot find any info on this online or through searching the forum.  Have some people that want it to lock the bin in the office.  Thank  you!

• Fri, Sep 16 2022 11:24 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,413
    • Points 29,945
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

Re: Option+double-click bin in Shared Storage - locks bin or opens with no ownership?

Are you using NEXIS? Or MediaSpace - EditShare?

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Fri, Sep 16 2022 11:28 PM In reply to

Re: Option+double-click bin in Shared Storage - locks bin or opens with no ownership?

We are using EFS Avid Style spaces on EditShare :)

• Fri, Sep 16 2022 11:40 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,413
    • Points 29,945
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

In the Media Composer > General Settings did you select Enable Bin Sharing on 3rd Party Storage....?

This is the NEXIS Forum. Media Composer acts differently on NEXIS vs non-Avid storage.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller