Latest post Wed, Aug 24 2022 8:27 AM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 19 2022 2:10 PM

Media indexer feature request

Dear Avid,

Making a mistake not checking NOMI weight this morning while adding a media indexer to a NOMI I caused a deletion of all existing storage locations. This was relatively quickly fixed by re-importing a backup of the locations and a rescan.

However would it be possible to include a message when adding a node with a higher weight to a NOMI saying:

This node will be added to the NOMI but has a higher weight. Do you want to keep the storage locations of the existing media indexers or use the storage locations on this media indexer? And of course keep the existing media locations according to the answer given.

Thanks.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own systems: 1x Z420 E5 1650 32GB memory quadro K2200, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 24GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Wed, Aug 24 2022 7:39 AM In reply to

Re: Media indexer feature request

Thanks for sharing. We are using 2 MIs in our NOMI and we are planning to add a third one. This might be a good heads up.

By the way, when you mentioned "re-importing a backup of the locations and a rescan" you meant the archived files right?

• Wed, Aug 24 2022 8:27 AM In reply to

Re: Media indexer feature request

WaleedHamadah:
    when you mentioned "re-importing a backup of the locations and a rescan" you meant the archived files right?

No, a backup of the storage locations.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller