Latest post Tue, Jun 28 2022 12:34 AM by AndrewAction. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 27 2022 12:57 PM

• ADG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 14 2018
    • Posts 17
    • Points 280

How to connect external broadcast monitor

Hi,

I just installed Avid Media Composer and would like to run my JVC broadcast monitor (as a grading/qc monitor) via my Blackmagic Ultra Studio 4k.

How do I enable it as I can't seem to 'enable' the HW/SW button. 

Any advice would be great.

Thanks so much

• Mon, Jun 27 2022 1:05 PM In reply to

Re: How to connect external broadcast monitor

I think these days you need to install MC before installing the BMD Video driver. Afterwards, MC should see the BMD device upon launch and will default to it (you can tell as the main BG window in MC will be named Avid Media Composer Ultra Studio).

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 28 2022 12:34 AM In reply to

Re: How to connect external broadcast monitor

ADG:
    I can't seem to 'enable' the HW/SW button. 
    You could try using the Command palette and map a keyboard shortcut for the HW/SW Button function.  Has worked well here with a couple of BM Intensity Pro 4k.

Looking at one of my systems showed me that I need to right click on the HW/SW button to get an option to configure. Clicking on that opened a BlackMagic Desktop video setup screen. Mine only showed the Intensity Pro so the hardware recognition and set up appears to take place during the BM Desk top video set up. 

If you search the forum here you will find posts where people advise using certain BM Desk top versions which would be a good start. I found one several years back that worked well on Windows and so I have never changed it.  This MAY not be the case is you are on a Mac.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller