Latest post Fri, Jun 17 2022 4:53 PM by Ssnygg. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 28 2022 3:18 PM

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 11 2006
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 397
    • Points 4,755

How do I make custom bin columns project/user wide?

It's easy to add a custom column to a bin, but how do you make those same custom columns work accross the entire project so I don't have to create the columns evey single time I create a bin?

I have several systems. 1-Media Composer ver 5 1-Media Composer 2021.6 on Win 10 1-mac Express 2.2 AB/VB Targa set up The computers I use include: 1-Intel... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Sat, May 28 2022 3:29 PM In reply to

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 397
    • Points 4,755

Re: How do I make custom bin columns project/user wide?

OOOh I just figured it out!!!

After you make the changes, go to the upper right hand corner where it says "Untitled", click on that and "save as" whatever you want to call it.  Then go to the top left set of menu tabs   Windows>Bin Settings>User>Bin> then set the default bin view to whatever you named that.

Shazam.

Bin view is saved when it gets closed, so if you want to see your layout in old bins, open them up and then go to that spot that previously said "untitled" and select the view you created.   Next time you log in, it should open up correctly.

I have several systems. 1-Media Composer ver 5 1-Media Composer 2021.6 on Win 10 1-mac Express 2.2 AB/VB Targa set up The computers I use include: 1-Intel... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, May 28 2022 4:51 PM In reply to

There is also a bin setting (set default bin view) that allows you to apply that named saved bin view to any new bins created.

Note bins that have already been created and opened will still retain the bin view they had at that time. The setting only applys that bin view to new bins.

You can also copy that bin view to the site settings and any new user settings will inherit that bin view.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | www.vet-training.co.uk|

• Fri, Jun 17 2022 4:53 PM In reply to

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 397
    • Points 4,755

SWEEEEET!  thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller