Latest post Sat, Aug 6 2022 10:00 AM by Rachelk64. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 10 2022 11:55 PM

• Navi060
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 10 2022
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Media Composer won't activate on Avid Link

I have an existing license that I have been successfully using for the last few months with no issues.

However, upon trying to open up Media Composer this morning, I got this message "In order to continue, you must connect to the internet to maintain your license", despite being connected to the internet (I also tried rebooting my internet a couple of times, just in case).

Looking on my Avid Link, it mentions that my license status for Media Composer is "RECONNECT". I have tried a few times to enter manually my System ID and Activation ID and what happens is that Media Composer becomes momentarily active (for a couple of seconds) before returning to its "RECONNECT" status.

I have also tried completely removing and then reinstalling both Avid Link and Media Composer and have had to success there.

Hoping to get some clarity on how I can solve this issue.

Cheers!

Windows 10 Installed RAM: 16GB System Type: 64-bit operating system Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 11 2022 4:44 AM In reply to

Re: Media Composer won't activate on Avid Link

Hi Navi060,

First I would try logging out of Avid Link and logging back in. If that doesn't work, you should create a case on the MyAvid support portal and someone will get to you asap.

https://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact  If you don't get anywhere with them, send an email to Chris Bové (chris.bove@avid.com).  He is Avid's customer advocate, and can help you.
    Media Composer 2022.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, May 11 2022 4:58 AM In reply to

• Navi060
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 10 2022
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Thanks for the info camoscato. Greatly appreciated.

Windows 10 Installed RAM: 16GB System Type: 64-bit operating system Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 1 2022 10:35 AM In reply to

what do you see in your avid.com account? If you have the correct license listed there, it's possible link just went dumb on your workstation, in which case i would recommend wiping it's cached license info. I'll link you to that momentarily.

• Sat, Aug 6 2022 8:49 AM In reply to

• Rachelk64
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 15 2014
    • Posts 6
    • Points 50

Hi, same thing just happened to me.

• Sat, Aug 6 2022 9:47 AM In reply to

Navi060:
    I got this message "In order to continue, you must connect to the internet to maintain your license"

Hi Navi060,

From your post I can't determine if you logged into your master acount in Avid Link. I recently saw this message on a system with the latest version of Avid Link 24/7 connected to internet and all that was needed was to login in Avid Link.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own systems: 1x Z420 E5 1650 32GB memory quadro K2200, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 24GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Sat, Aug 6 2022 9:57 AM In reply to

• Rachelk64
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 50

• Sat, Aug 6 2022 10:00 AM In reply to

• Rachelk64
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 50

BabyTeanofred:

...it's possible link just went dumb on your workstation, in which case i would recommend wiping it's cached license info. I'll link you to that momentarily.

Hi, same thing just happened to me.

Can I also get a link to wipe the license info please

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller