Latest post Fri, Apr 29 2022 12:29 PM by luca.mg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 26 2022 5:00 PM

Is there a default comments column?

Hi all,

First post on the forums, pls be kind Cool - Is there a default "Comments" column I can use for comments, notes etc?

I am speciically looking for a column that will allow me to make notes on anything other than clips, as I've found the "Journalist" collumn allows custom text for clips but not for sequences.

I created a custom column which allows notes for both sequences and clips, so this must be possible for a default column to do. I don't mind what the column is called as long as it can just hold some text and not be picky.

Any ideas? Hmm

• Tue, Apr 26 2022 8:24 PM In reply to

Re: Is there a default comments column?

Hello, 

Welcome to the forum! If you head over to "script view" in your bin, you'll be able to add text in that box next to the clip's thumbnail. Does this help?

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.7 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.7 | Avid Play | Sibelius Artist 2022.7

• Fri, Apr 29 2022 12:29 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,944
    • Points 70,235

Re: Is there a default comments column?

Welcome to the forums Avid_Crash, indeed there's a default Comments colums, in text bin mode open the bin's hamburger menu (top right corner), select Choose Colums and do Your thing. This is the same column where comments are written to when in script view.

Symphony 21.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller