Latest post Mon, Mar 21 2022 1:25 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 21 2022 12:13 PM

Media Composer Error Message

Hi

Today I tried to open my Avid Media Composer and was greeted by this message:

"Exception: AMPI subsystem error, ErorMessage: DSM future error from client eDSMError_Exception..." and it goes on.

It's the first time I'm opening Avid in about a year and have no idea what it is referring to. Online forums said I need to reinstall PACE, but it isn't on my computer. It also says Quicktime Player needs to be installed, even though I have it and it's up-to-date.

Any assistance would be appreciated - Thank you!

• Mon, Mar 21 2022 1:25 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,581
    • Points 255,755
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Media Composer Error Message

Hi there

Mac or Win?  

This can occur when the  network configuration changes......   The Active Directory DNS setting listed a secondary DNS controller that no longer existed on the network due to a server change. bDeleteing the second DNS entry, leaving only the existing Domain Controller as the primary DNS, and reboting the server and all of the Mac clients to flush the DNS cache resolves the issue. 

Ensure your Active Directory configuration is correct, and that all domain logins have the proper access to the Avid clients.   This is located in the System Preferences> Network>advanced>DSM.

Also did you update anything in the last year like the OS or anythingthat could have caused this?

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller