Latest post Sun, Apr 17 2022 8:18 PM by Chris Bové. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 15 2022 3:37 PM

macOS 12.3.x and Media Composer 2021.12.2

Apple released an update for macOS 12.3 (Monterey) yesterday. Do NOT upgrade to it yet.  We are working to qualify it quickly. So far, testing is going great, but it is not completed yet. Once we qualify it, you'll know because we'll release a new version of Media Composer specifically coded to work on it.  UPDATE -- macOS 12.3.1 was released, and Media Composer 2021.12.2 is NOW QUALIFIED for this. Also Media OCmposer 2022.4 is beig released for Monterey 12.3.1.

------

Chris Bové
    Manager, Avid's Digital Customer Success Team
    [email protected] 

• Mon, Mar 21 2022 11:56 AM In reply to

• damien78
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 7 2014
    • Geneva
    • Posts 54
    • Points 670

Re: URGENT - Do not upgrade to macOS 12.3 (yet)

macOS 12.3  also breaks Baselight for Avid...

I have contacted Filmlight for support/info and it seems that they are also waiting support from Avid to fix the issue.

Is it possible to have updates on this matter?

Media Composer 2023.8.2, w/Symphony/SS/PF options, MAC STUDIO M1, 64 GB RAM, MacOS 13.6.1, BMD 4K Mini [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 21 2022 12:13 PM In reply to

damien78:

macOS 12.3  also breaks Baselight for Avid...

Hi Damien. I'm investingating this as we speak. Could you be specific about what you are seeing? Whatever detail you could provide would be terrific. Send it to me directly -- [email protected] so that I can get back to you quickest.

Thanks.

------

Chris Bové
    [email protected] 

• Mon, Mar 21 2022 12:37 PM In reply to

• damien78
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 7 2014
    • Geneva
    • Posts 54
    • Points 670

Just sent you an e-mail. Thanks!

Media Composer 2023.8.2, w/Symphony/SS/PF options, MAC STUDIO M1, 64 GB RAM, MacOS 13.6.1, BMD 4K Mini [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 26 2022 1:24 PM In reply to

• Xavier73
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 26 2022
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

I assume this is the reason I can't install Avid MC First on my just upgraded Mac Os Monterrey?

• Mon, Mar 28 2022 4:04 PM In reply to

• Spitball
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 28 2022
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

Any ETA on this?

I take it in the future, do not update Mac OS until after a new version of Media Composer is released? Is this forum the place to find that information?

Thanks.

• Mon, Mar 28 2022 4:29 PM In reply to

Sorry, I don't have an ETA.

Spitball:
    I take it in the future, do not update Mac OS until after a new version of Media Composer is released? Is this forum the place to find that information?

You can always check what version of the OS is qualified for whatever version of Media Composer you're running here:

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/compatibility/en267087

Media Composer 2024.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Mar 28 2022 4:45 PM In reply to

• Spitball
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

camoscato:

Sorry, I don't have an ETA.

Understood. Thanks for the reply. I subscribe to the Avid Knowledge Base article about "macOS 11 (Big Sur), OS12 (Monterey) and M1 Support for Avid Products." Is that the best way to find out when the new version is released?

Final question. I began my trial last week and I have not been able to even install the application. I reached out to Support, but they won't discuss this with me since I don't pay for active support. Do you know the best avenue to either cancel my trial (so I can have a new trial later) or reset it once I actually get it installed?

• Tue, Mar 29 2022 8:55 AM In reply to

Spitball:
    Is that the best way to find out when the new version is released?

The only way I know is keeping an eye on the forums and the Avid Editors of Facebook page for announcements. I don't know of a way to get a notification when there's a new release.

Spitball:
    I began my trial last week and I have not been able to even install the application. I reached out to Support, but they won't discuss this with me since I don't pay for active support. Do you know the best avenue to either cancel my trial (so I can have a new trial later) or reset it once I actually get it installed?

I'd email Chris Bove at Avid ([email protected]). He is Avid's customer advocate, and can help you reset the trial mode when you're ready to run it.

Media Composer 2024.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Apr 7 2022 9:10 PM In reply to

• Spitball
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

Will the next version support 12.3.1?

• Thu, Apr 7 2022 11:55 PM In reply to

Yes it likely will. Also note that we test it internally here at Avid as soon as it comes out. So far, it is looking like a minor couple of OS bug fixes and security stuff. Not seeing any issues yet. 

The initial 12.3 gave us some testing issues. The uninstaller/installer files wouldn't work with it. So we needed to re-code the MC installer. Thus, anyone who tries to install the base 2021.12 on 12.3 or 12.3.1 will be met with an installation fail. However if they install 2021.12.1 or the forthcoming 2022.4, they will find a smoother ride. 

------

Chris Bové
    [email protected] 

• Sat, Apr 9 2022 1:08 AM In reply to

• Spitball
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

Not sure what the problem is, but the installation failed again.

I'm running 12.3 and the AVID version I just downloaded is 21.12.1.55644 (redeployed).

Should I not be downloading the other things included in the installer? Is there anything else to be checking to make this install properly? I deleted the previous version of AVID I downloaded and tried to install a few weeks ago.

Thanks for any help.

• Sat, Apr 9 2022 8:36 AM In reply to

Spitball:

Not sure what the problem is, but the installation failed again.

I'm running 12.3 and the AVID version I just downloaded is 21.12.1.55644 (redeployed).

Should I not be downloading the other things included in the installer? Is there anything else to be checking to make this install properly? I deleted the previous version of AVID I downloaded and tried to install a few weeks ago.

Thanks for any help.

Hi, please refer to this: https://community.avid.com/forums/t/205460.aspx

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.12.2 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.21 | Sibelius Artist 2022.12 

• Sat, Apr 9 2022 4:50 PM In reply to

Spitball:

The installation failed again. I'm running 12.3 and the AVID version I just downloaded is 21.12.1.55644 (redeployed).

Hi Spitball. I can help.

Yes, I tell everyone to always download the entire package for Media Composer. That being said, the only two things you do not need to download are the "Enterprise scripts" (that's only for NEXIS enterprise users) and the NewBlue Titler. But make sure everything else that is checkable is checked.

After that...

If you are indeed on 12.3, then you can expect to see "Installation Failed". Don't worry about it. Ignore that message. It is actually installing fine, it's just that the icon for Media Composer is not isntalling correctly in the Dock.

Go into the Mac's Application s folder, find Media Composer, and drag its icon into the Dock. 

That should fix it all.

If it doesn not... Then please email me at [email protected] and I can help further. In your email, please reference this forum thread.

------

Chris Bové
    [email protected] 

• Sun, Apr 17 2022 7:16 PM In reply to

• Subobscura
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 17 2022
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Is the issue of MacOs 12.3.1 now solved with the 2021.12.2 update of Media Composer?

thx

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller