Latest post Sat, Aug 20 2022 8:36 AM by rr789. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 11 2022 6:30 PM

• rr789
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 11 2022
    • Posts 4
    • Points 55

AAF export not creating file

Hi there, thanks for reading.

I'm having an issue exporting a consolidated AAF from an audio only timeline.

It briefly flashes up the dialogue box for creating the clips, then quits the process. It doesn't crash, doesn't produce the AAF file and doesn't give any error message.

I've rendered the audio, converted it all to the same sample rate, consolidated any ama clips. I've reset the user settings and deleted the media databases. Running Big Sur 11.5.2 and Avid 2021.6.0.

Has anyone had this issue before? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Filed under: ,
  • Sat, Feb 12 2022 12:09 AM In reply to

Re: AAF export not creating file

I've had the issue, on PC, but with Video/Audio. If it were me, I would do "divide and conquer" troubleshooting technique to learn if you have a corrupted clip, blocking the AAF export. Find the clip(s) that prevent an AAF export and re--import them. Good luck. 

-Telegram!

• Sat, Feb 12 2022 1:57 PM In reply to

• rr789
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 55

Thanks for your reply! I've just tried exporting one half of the timeline, then the other using the marks. That process in itself doesn't make a difference, it just generates the new .Exported.01 sequence but doesn't make any clips or the AAF file.

I've then made two seperate sequences each with half the timeline. They each produce one new clip and a new .Exported.01 sequence, but no more clips or file. I tried removing that one file from the timeline to see if that was a corrupt clip causing an issue, then it just produces the new sequence, but still no more clips or the AAF.

I've also made a test AAF from another project on a different drive and that has worked fine.

So I then tried to consolidate one of these sequences to move it to another drive and project and see if that would help. Then I got this error message:

Exception: std::exception, what:ACF call failed: m_pWriter->BeginWrite(), error code 0x80000008, file /Builds/workspac/MC/Release_Installer_Git/MAac_Build/coresw/ame/arc/msm/AMAWriter/AMAFileWritebackSession.cpp line 122

Any other suggestions very welcome! I'm continuing to try and troubleshoot. No idea what this error message means but I'll try reinstalling media composer next and see if that helps. 

• Sat, Feb 12 2022 4:21 PM In reply to

Good that you can make an AAF from your system, in a different Project, to a different drive. What else is the difference between them? The media? hmmm.

Im just guessing. Sometimes it is good to Google an error message, or keywords like AAF, to spot a similar issue.

Consolidate is a copy; what about experimenting with a short sub-sequence, Transcoding onto a separate drive; if that works, try following up with an AAF export attempt?

Good luck. Hopefully, experts will help you here. Plus Avid support. This is not MC First, right? Did you mention the MC version?

-Telegram!

• Sat, Feb 12 2022 4:22 PM In reply to

Good that you can make an AAF from your system, in a different Project, to a different drive. What else is the difference between them? The media? hmmm.

Im just guessing. Sometimes it is good to Google an error message, or keywords like AAF, to spot a similar issue.

Consolidate is a copy; what about experimenting with a short sub-sequence, Transcoding onto a separate drive; if that works, try following up with an AAF export attempt?

Good luck. Hopefully, experts will help you here. Plus Avid support. This is not MC First, right? Did you mention the MC version?

-Telegram!

• Sat, Feb 12 2022 5:07 PM In reply to

• rr789
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 55

Thanks - I couldn't find the error message on google. Yes it seems like it must be the media, however I've not had any other issues with renders, playouts etc so far with the project. 

I'm running media composer 2021.12.0 - the reinstall hasn't solved it unfortunately. I might do a fresh install on the imac itself when I have time just to see if that helps and otherwise contact support.

• Tue, Aug 16 2022 12:56 AM In reply to

• PHogenson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 8 2022
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

Hello,

Just out of curiosity did you ever get a solution to this problem?

Recently I had a similar issue and every troubleshooting method has failed. The same exception error and export failure as well. Also, we tried dividing, smaller sequences, updates and reinstalling Avid, new projects etc. and it's about time I contacted support.

Please let me know what worked if you ever got this one resolved!

• Sat, Aug 20 2022 8:36 AM In reply to

• rr789
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 55

I didn't find a proper solution unfortunately.

Our workaround in the end was to make a linked AAF and then rebuild in Resolve, from there I was able to export a consolidated AAF. We are now completing the project - an animation - in Premiere!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller