Latest post Thu, Dec 23 2021 4:21 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 21 2021 10:52 PM

• Dave Miers
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 21 2021
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

Cannot activate license after upgrading to 2021.12

When I go to Avid Link, I get "License unavailable." When I try to manually activate, I get "Activation Failed. The number of activations exceeds the available entitlement limits." This also occurred on the previous upgrade. Is there a way to:

1. Fix this so I can use Media Composer and not have these down days.

2. License a different way so that this never, ever occurs again.

Thanks in advance

• Wed, Dec 22 2021 5:24 AM In reply to

Re: Cannot activate license after upgrading to 2021.12

Hi Dave Miers,

The first thing I would try is making sure Avid Link is up to date. The current version is 2012.12.1. If it is, next I'd try deactivating and reactivating your license. If that doesn't work, you should create a case on the MyAvid support portal and someone will get to you asap.

https://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact  If you don't get anywhere with them, send an email to Chris Bové (chris.bove@avid.com).  He is Avid's customer advocate, and can help you.
    Media Composer 2022.4 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Dec 22 2021 3:52 PM In reply to

• Jailer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Medellin
    • Posts 268
    • Points 3,375

Hi.

The new Avid Link forces you to deactivate the software on one machine to activate it on another, those of us who used a license for two computers have to pay for an additional license. Good news comes from Avid in tough times, great Avid!

Two systems with Media Composer 7.0 on iMac. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 23 2021 4:21 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,581
    • Points 255,755
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Happy holidays Jailer

Im not sure how you were able to use one license on 2 systems symultaneously but that isnt suppose to happen.  while you can install the software on as many computers as you want, you can only have one activated.

That is outlined in the terms of the software license found here:   

https://cdn-www.avid.com/-/media/avid/files/legal/01553009800-avid-eula-march-2018.pdf

This has always been the way it was and if you got it to work differently somehow then you were lucky for a while.

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller