Latest post Tue, May 11 2021 5:40 AM by Avid-Freund. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 10 2021 11:35 AM

Background Transcode File Order

Hi everyone,

I am in hurry editing some long-gop-files, that i have to transcode frist to be able to playback correctly on my macbook, which is quite slow. With the new Avid update, background transcoding finally works again so I thought I could transcode while already watching and logging transcoded footage. I was hoping that avid would start by clip1 and going all the way up to 200 so I can watch from the start and all the files will appear while transcoding. but unfortunately it doesnt happen this way: All the files appear in a totally random order. Is there any way to change this? I could try to split all the files to multiple jobs and then let them run in a different order, but maybe there is another solution??

Thanks for you help!

I am editing on a very old macbook pro / mid 2012 with 16 GB ram Using macOS Catalina 10.15.7 And usually the newest AVID Version / right now its 2020... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 11 2021 12:31 AM In reply to

Re: Background Transcode File Order

Avid-Freund:

Hi everyone,

I am in hurry editing some long-gop-files, that i have to transcode frist to be able to playback correctly on my macbook, which is quite slow. With the new Avid update, background transcoding finally works again so I thought I could transcode while already watching and logging transcoded footage. I was hoping that avid would start by clip1 and going all the way up to 200 so I can watch from the start and all the files will appear while transcoding. but unfortunately it doesnt happen this way: All the files appear in a totally random order. Is there any way to change this? I could try to split all the files to multiple jobs and then let them run in a different order, but maybe there is another solution??

Thanks for you help!

Woah... which version of media composer you running that has background services working? you on 2021.5? I've never had background services work. Ever. 

Ryzen/GTX H/W (I know) [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 11 2021 5:40 AM In reply to

Re: Background Transcode File Order

Hi, yes its 2021.5.0.

But its not really working.

I cannot background transcode AVCHD at all and after some time I get error messages as well when I try to transcode other Codecs like XAVC-S..

I am editing on a very old macbook pro / mid 2012 with 16 GB ram Using macOS Catalina 10.15.7 And usually the newest AVID Version / right now its 2020... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller