Latest post Tue, May 4 2021 10:06 AM by Pat Horridge. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 27 2021 12:55 PM In reply to

Re: Audio output ?

Thank you, I've just made a case (no. 04163153).  Thank you, D. 

Asus ZenBook UX534FTC_UX534FT running Windows Home 64-bit Processor: Core i7, GTX 1650 Installed memory (RAM): 16.00 GB Installed: Avid MC 2018.12... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 3 2021 6:55 PM In reply to

Hi Carl, this took a while but finally managed to locate the source of the headache.  I wonder if you can help me relink/repatch audio without needing to rebuild the timeline.  See attached; the audio is 2x mono, split on channels 1 & 2, although when brought into MC everything defaults to 3 & 4.  However, the lapel mic is coming into channel 2 (or 4 in MC), and so I need to do something like: double-up the audio and place it on either audios 1 & 2, or a stereo channel audio 1. Bearing in mind this is originally a PP export > AAF brought into MC, and a relink that has placed the audio on 3 & 4, and yet for project purposes strictly I only need channel 2 (or 4 in MC).  Please advise, D. 

Asus ZenBook UX534FTC_UX534FT running Windows Home 64-bit Processor: Core i7, GTX 1650 Installed memory (RAM): 16.00 GB Installed: Avid MC 2018.12... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 4 2021 8:11 AM In reply to

Sorry, Dan, but I don't know of an easy or automated way to tell Media Composer 'Replace these audio clips in this edited sequence with the audio clips from the same source clip and same timecode but use a different track.'

There might be a way through some combination of unlinking and relinking, but I don't do a lot of unlinking and relinking in my workflows, so someone more experienced in that will have to chime in.

Media Composer 2021.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, May 4 2021 8:42 AM In reply to

Hi Carl, I did it last night, the long way, a full manual repatch.  Speaking to my colleague, he took the original FS5 file and did something (not sure what) with the three redundant audio tracks, and somehow that made for the headache when exporting the AAF and bringing this into Avid.  Again, in the source monitor MC comfortably played the audio; but in the record monitor only one track (the wrong one) was avaialbe, until I did a full manual re-patch.  I'll do some tests soon with FS5 files straight out the can; I can't see how any Sony camera won't make all available to MC. 

• Tue, May 4 2021 10:06 AM In reply to

So was the sequence the AFF from Premiere? If so that may explain it.

MC will play all the tracks available in the linked master clip. But if the AFF contained source clips that indicated an audio channel that in fact was mute in the source clip then you have a problem.

Sounds like the AAF is actually incorrect. It contains clips that have incorrect audio track information.

Re cutting the sequence by matchframing to the source and then overcutting the sequence clips is the only safe way to correct the error.

I hate premiere AAFs to MC there are often issues and it makes for a potential unstable workflow.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller