Latest post Wed, Apr 21 2021 1:05 PM by Lukas Boeck. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 21 2021 12:17 PM

• mnoble0902
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 17 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Writing a final sequence to media for archive

Good morning,

I have been trying to figure out if it is possible to write a final sequence to a form of media that would preserve multiple audio/video tracks. In MXF format if possible. Where I work as we finish a project, we send the entire project to our archive. We want to have a backup of the finished sequence with all tracks avaliable should we need to go back to it due to an error in our archive system. 

Currently, we can write sequences to a XD disc. This does what we want, but we would go through a lot of discs because the size of the files vs XD disc capacity. I was curious if anyone has had luck doing this by writing to something like an external drive or a SD card?

We are on Media Composer 2020.12.

Thanks! 

• Wed, Apr 21 2021 1:05 PM In reply to

• Lukas Boeck
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 31 2015
    • Austria
    • Posts 646
    • Points 7,760

Re: Writing a final sequence to media for archive

I've got a dedicated disk for that in my system, labeled "Mixdown"

Consolidating the final sequence with a bit of handle length is an even better approach.
    Yes, that leaves all data within Avid, but that's okay since Avid is a lot better at tracking data than win explorer is ;-)

MC 2018.12.2 Cusom bulid Supermicro X9SRL-F, 32 Gig Ram, 3ware 9750 6x6TB Seagate EC Drives, LSI 9207 + LTO-7, Mojo DX, Artist Color, Flanders CM240, GTX... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller