Latest post Sat, Apr 17 2021 9:11 AM by Jimme. 22 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Apr 17 2021 8:41 AM In reply to

Re: CTRL + ALT + Y/U not working

Have you tried this?

Job ter Burg:

2. What happens if you try any of this with a fresh user profile? 

In your video's, I see four triangles around the record monitor pop up. Those appear to me to be Dual Split (from Color Correction) being active. Definitely try switching that off.

https://www.soundsnap.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/ss-b7-ccinamc-image11.png

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 17 2021 8:51 AM In reply to

• Jimme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 4 2021
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,560

Job ter Burg:

Have you tried this?

Job ter Burg:

2. What happens if you try any of this with a fresh user profile? 

Yes I have. The same thing happens. 

Job ter Burg:

In your video's, I see four triangles around the record monitor pop up. Those appear to me to be Dual Split (from Color Correction) being active. Definitely try switching that off.

https://www.soundsnap.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/ss-b7-ccinamc-image11.png

If you mean the Color Correction option in the timeline: https://gyazo.com/be21cd383452dcf1fc3d1087e71b57d0

Part 2:  https://gyazo.com/cf6bbcc2bb113e3cc743d9672ce4d733

It still doesn't work. I think those four triangles come up because when I press ALT + Y those triangles also come up. And when I press ALT + U I go into  trim mode, like it's supposed to. But when I use those combinations with CTRL in front of them, it does the same as without CTRL in front of them.

Operating System: Windows 10

Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90 GHz 2.90 GHz

RAM: 16 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

• Sat, Apr 17 2021 8:57 AM In reply to

Are you on 21.3?

I just tried and opened a project with a fresh default user setting in 21.3 and I cannot replicate your issue. Alt-Y gives me Single Monitor mode, Alt-U gives me trim mode. Ctrl-Alt-Y gives me the option to choose a new (video) track, Ctrl-Alt-U gives me the option to choose a new (audio) track. With or without Dual Split active.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 17 2021 8:59 AM In reply to

Jimme:
    If you mean the Color Correction option in the
    No that's not what I meant, I meant the Dual Split button (which I see you use, indeed).

• Sat, Apr 17 2021 9:04 AM In reply to

• Jimme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,560

Okay so I disconnected my razer synapse programs and it still wouldn't work. So I just opened them up again. Then after like 5 minutes it gave me a message, I forgot what it said but something about my keyboard, I just pressed OK. Then I tried it again and it worked! I don't know why but I guess the restart of those programs triggered it. I should've done it earlier but I hadn't thought about it. Thanks for the great help guys, I really appreciate your help and time. Have a wonderful weekend :)

• Sat, Apr 17 2021 9:05 AM In reply to

It might be time to get a support ticket, as I have no clues left where to look for the cause of this issue. Other than perhaps a changed Keyboard Locale or any possible issues with other peripherals like Wacom tablets which could theoretically mess up the keyboard behavior.

• Sat, Apr 17 2021 9:11 AM In reply to

• Jimme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,560

Job ter Burg:

Jimme:
    I forgot what it said but something about my keyboard
    Ah yes, so Keyboard Locale was somehow set incorrectly.

Yeah I think so too. But it's all good now, I don't have to create a ticket it's working perfectly fine

• Sat, Apr 17 2021 9:12 AM In reply to

Jimme:
    I forgot what it said but something about my keyboard
    Ah yes, so Keyboard Locale was somehow set incorrectly.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller