Latest post Thu, Apr 15 2021 9:32 PM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 14 2021 9:57 PM

• BTT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 21 2020
    • Posts 13
    • Points 145

Clip Name Menu

Is there a way to cycle through the clip name menu using just the  keyboard and not having to go in with the mouse? Or, is there a way to go back to the previous clip or sequence that was loaded just usig the keyboard?

I often have to match frame a clip from a sequence that is loaded in the source monitor, would be great if I could quickly go back to that sequence in the source monitor without having to go into that drop menu with the mouse.

Appreaciate it!

• Thu, Apr 15 2021 7:44 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,551
    • Points 255,080
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Clip Name Menu

BIT

Try the find and replace tool in media composer 2020.x

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 15 2021 7:58 PM In reply to

• BTT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 21 2020
    • Posts 13
    • Points 145

Thank you for the sugestion Mariana.

Seems like I did a terrible job explaining. I'm trying to find a way to get to the clip and sequences that are loaded in the source monitor without having to use the mouse to click the Clip Name drop Menu above the source monitor. Or, if not being able to cycle through the loaded clips, I was hoping I could at least go back to the previoulsy loaded. I suspect I can't but figured I would ask.

The show i'm on is currently on 2018 but if it's possible in 2020 would love to know.

Thanks

• Thu, Apr 15 2021 9:32 PM In reply to

Sorry, this behavior hasn't changed in v2020 or 2021.

Media Composer 2021.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller