Latest post Sun, Apr 25 2021 2:35 PM by Andrew42. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 13 2021 5:14 PM

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hungary
    • Posts 232
    • Points 3,405

Login reguired when already linked.

Hi,

Since a year I have taken up a new project on a new computer. Downloaded MC FIRST and AVID LINK. MS first keeps giving message that Login is required. In Avid Link it showes that I am linked. Do I misunderstand or forget something?

Thanks,

Rob

Media Composer First software only, Windows 10 Home, P5Q Mbo, 16 Gb RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 3.70GHz, nVidia Geforce 200 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 14 2021 11:34 AM In reply to

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Hungary
    • Posts 232
    • Points 3,405

Re: Login reguired when already linked.

Nobody can assist? Would be very much appreciated.

Media Composer First software only, Windows 10 Home, P5Q Mbo, 16 Gb RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 3.70GHz, nVidia Geforce 200 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 15 2021 3:52 PM In reply to

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Hungary
    • Posts 232
    • Points 3,405

I have been searching for several hours to solve this issue. Came to a teacher with students with the same problem. But in the thread it was not solved. Could you please help? I am linked, but still MCF won't open, giving the same message over and over again. I have also tried to sync account, signed out and in and out and in several times, but same result: Login requiered for Media Composer First. Please quit and login to Avid Link and relaunch MCF. It just won't work.

• Thu, Apr 15 2021 4:13 PM In reply to

Hi Rob,

Send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com).  She is Avid's customer advocate, and can help you.

Media Composer 2021.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Apr 15 2021 8:01 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,551
    • Points 255,080
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

butterfly:

I have been searching for several hours to solve this issue. Came to a teacher with students with the same problem. But in the thread it was not solved. Could you please help? I am linked, but still MCF won't open, giving the same message over and over again. I have also tried to sync account, signed out and in and out and in several times, but same result: Login requiered for Media Composer First. Please quit and login to Avid Link and relaunch MCF. It just won't work.

butterfly

Apologies as Raff is out this week so I am a ione woman band..... and monitoring a LOT of sites.

Windows Home is not approved for use with MC First - thats the first issue.  Enterprise or Pro Win 10 are supported.

Usually if you cannot launch Media Composer | First because it says you are not logged in.... that is because the liocensing files do not think you ARE signed into Avid Link.

Try this but no guarantee it will work.

1.  Stop in Task Manager Utility the following:

Avidlink.exe

AvidAppManHelper.exe

2.  Then delete the folders at the end of each line listed below in bold if found

C:\ProgramData\Avid\Avidlink\Cache

C:\ProgramData\Avid\ Avidlink \Db

C:\ProgramData\Avid\Licenses

C:\ProgramData\Avid\Common

C:\ProgramData\Avid\SWL

3. Launch Avid Link and sign in and allow it to sync.

Now see if MC First opens

Note: Users need to register Media Composer | First to get entitlement.

To register for Media Composer|First click here.

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 16 2021 4:20 AM In reply to

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Hungary
    • Posts 232
    • Points 3,405

Hi Marianne,

Thanks for your reply. I want to try first to register, but how can I do that without code. Or where can I find a code?

And what do you mean with Task Manager Utility?

Thanks,

Rob

• Fri, Apr 16 2021 7:16 AM In reply to

Hi Rob,

butterfly:
    I want to try first to register, but how can I do that without code. Or where can I find a code?

Have you done the steps in this link yet?

https://my.avid.com/get/media-composer-first/Questions

Media Composer 2021.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Apr 18 2021 12:03 PM In reply to

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Hungary
    • Posts 232
    • Points 3,405

Yes, I mean yes I fill in the right emailaddress and pasword. Then I get a respons with Perpetual Product which has a question mark behind it. What else can I do?

• Sun, Apr 25 2021 2:35 PM In reply to

• Andrew42
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 25 2021
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Hello

I had the same problem. This method (see Marianna) does not work!

A new installation does not provide any solution to this problem.

Finally I installed NewBlue Prime with the serial number given on the download page, and now MCF opens!

But, there is a bug somewhere, Avid Link still shows install for New Blue Prime!

André

Windows 10 Professionnel 20H2 16 Go

Media Composer First, Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, 16 Gb RAM

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller