Latest post Tue, Apr 13 2021 4:28 PM by Brian Berdan, ACE. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 9 2021 8:14 PM

Bins open as floating rather than in adjacent bin container panel

Upgraded to 2021.3.0 and Big Sur... miss dragging to import quicktimes into a bin but workaround is okay.

But I'm having trouble with opening bins. Even if I click in the adjacent bin container area, bins open as a floating panel on the first try. Close floating bin and retry and it opens correctly, in the panel to the right of the bin container

2018 Mac Mini, 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 Aja T-Tap Big Sur MC 2021.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 10 2021 9:34 AM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 561
    • Points 6,965
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Re: Bins open as floating rather than in adjacent bin container panel

Is this an 'old' - ie created on v2018 or earlier - Project? I've seen this sort of behaviour in them.

Also, are you using 'old' user settngs? The behaviour to open a bin as a floating window is a Bin setting. So, try first duplicating your Bin settings, then reset one copy to default. 

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 12 2021 4:45 PM In reply to

I created a new project in 2021 and moved bins created in 2019 into it, so the bins are old....

And just tested with your duplicating bin settings idea... seems to have solved it.

Thanks, MikeyB

2018 Mac Mini, 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 Aja T-Tap Big Sur MC 2021.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 13 2021 4:28 PM In reply to

Well, back to floating bins today, in new User Setting.  Tried duplicating 'Bin' setting, and still floats on the first opening attempt.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller