Latest post Wed, Mar 31 2021 2:42 PM by Jimme. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 28 2021 9:45 AM

• Jimme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 4 2021
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,560

Unable to center text when scaling font size

Hi guys,

I can't center my text whenever I scale the font size. This is because the red object doesn't move to the center, it stays there, and when I try to move it on my own, it's unable to do it.

Look at this: https://gyazo.com/04850654b436e9bcd8b3323422bba3b4

Operating System: Windows 10

Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90 GHz 2.90 GHz

RAM: 16 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

• Sun, Mar 28 2021 12:52 PM In reply to

Re: Unable to center text when scaling font size

Jimme:
    when I try to move it on my own, it's unable to do it.

Don't try to move the title by clicking on the little red adjustment square, move it by clicking anywhere inside the red box.

Also, because I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do, if you want to center the text in the red box rather than moving the text, adjust the box using one of the corner resize boxes, and then click on the 'Align Center' button in the tool bar at the top.

Or if you're trying to center the text in the box and then center the box on the screen, use the 'Align Center' button like I described above, then use View > Toolbars > Object Editing to show the Object Editing toolbar, and use the centering and alignment buttons to put the title where you want it.

Media Composer 2021.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Mar 30 2021 2:26 PM In reply to

• Jimme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,560

camoscato:

Jimme:
    when I try to move it on my own, it's unable to do it.

Don't try to move the title by clicking on the little red adjustment square, move it by clicking anywhere inside the red box.

Also, because I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do, if you want to center the text in the red box rather than moving the text, adjust the box using one of the corner resize boxes, and then click on the 'Align Center' button in the tool bar at the top.

Or if you're trying to center the text in the box and then center the box on the screen, use the 'Align Center' button like I described above, then use View > Toolbars > Object Editing to show the Object Editing toolbar, and use the centering and alignment buttons to put the title where you want it.

I tried all of these but it doesn't work. If I scale up a text and then try to center the text in the middle, the red line is not centered with the text so it won't center properly: https://gyazo.com/0a9ce85a05b07211eacfa90b35ee3e84

• Tue, Mar 30 2021 4:29 PM In reply to

Jimme:
    I tried all of these but it doesn't work.

No, you didn't. I said:

camoscato:
    if you want to center the text in the red box ... adjust the box using one of the corner resize boxes, and then click on the 'Align Center' button in the tool bar at the top.

You didn't adjust the size of the box after resizing the text. Marquee only 'knows' where the red box is. You resized the text but not the box. Then you clicked the button to center align, so Marquee centered the box.

Instead, do this:

1. Resize the text.

2. Resize the box so it surrounds the text.

3. Click 'center align'.

That should work.

Media Composer 2021.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Wed, Mar 31 2021 7:56 AM In reply to

• Jimme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,560

camoscato:

Jimme:
    I tried all of these but it doesn't work.

No, you didn't. I said:

camoscato:
    if you want to center the text in the red box ... adjust the box using one of the corner resize boxes, and then click on the 'Align Center' button in the tool bar at the top.

You didn't adjust the size of the box after resizing the text. Marquee only 'knows' where the red box is. You resized the text but not the box. Then you clicked the button to center align, so Marquee centered the box.

Instead, do this:

1. Resize the text.

2. Resize the box so it surrounds the text.

3. Click 'center align'.

That should work.

If I do that the top part of the red box doesn't want to go around the text, the text automatically goes under the red box when changing the top one: https://gyazo.com/c4cd05fe68493ae67c46ddca15fd7c23

I know I could just try and put TEST in the middle of the red box, but then you don't know for sure if it's 100% in the middle.

• Wed, Mar 31 2021 10:05 AM In reply to

Jimme:
    I know I could just try and put TEST in the middle of the red box, but then you don't know for sure if it's 100% in the middle.

I don't know of a way to center the text vertically within the box other than what I've already described.

• Wed, Mar 31 2021 2:42 PM In reply to

• Jimme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,560

Okay, I don't think anyone will notice the difference but I like to make everything as perfect as it can be :P

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller