Latest post Fri, Apr 16 2021 1:29 PM by Lewcy DB. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 27 2021 5:18 AM

Remove match cuts without losing markers?

Before adding any video to the timeline, I added a song track and put 6 markers at the key points. Then I added video clips, trimmed them, moved them around, etc. A few moments ago, I noticed that the song was cut at each marker -- something I never intentionally did. I found the command to remove match cuts, but that causes most of the markers (5 of 6; MC is mocking me) to disappear. The markers were set to identify thematic transitions in the music and not as cut points. It IS feasible in THIS instance to put the markers back in manually after removing the match cuts, but is there a way to remove the match cuts without losing the markers at the cut points?

Media Composer 2021.3.0; 2020 iMac 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB RAM, 27" Retina 5K, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB; macOS Big Sur (always the most recent... [view my complete system specs]

-- Jim

• Sat, Mar 27 2021 2:06 PM In reply to

Re: Remove match cuts without losing markers?

If markers are important I always export them so I can re-import them. Or if you have a copy of the sequence you maybe able to copy and paste them between.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Sat, Mar 27 2021 2:47 PM In reply to

I would think actual markers would not disappear when you Remove MatchFrame Edits...?

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 27 2021 3:33 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,858
    • Points 46,605

Another idea would be to move markers to a different (dedicated ?) track.  The marker menu makes this very easy.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.12.9|OS 10.14.x - iMac Pro 2019 - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown"... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Sun, Mar 28 2021 5:14 AM In reply to

Job ter Burg:

I would think actual markers would not disappear when you Remove MatchFrame Edits...?

They do here. I inserted 6 little red vertical pills/markers. Somewhere along the way - I don't remember when or how - a cut was made in the audio track at each location where the markers were inserted. When I delete the match cuts on that audio track (one command removes them all), 5 of the 6 markers disappear. No idea why the 6th does not disappear. It all seems odd.

Media Composer 2021.3.0; 2020 iMac 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB RAM, 27" Retina 5K, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB; macOS Big Sur (always the most recent... [view my complete system specs]

-- Jim

• Sun, Mar 28 2021 5:15 AM In reply to

jef:

Another idea would be to move markers to a different (dedicated ?) track.  The marker menu makes this very easy.

Jef

Thx. I'll look into that.

-- Jim

• Fri, Apr 16 2021 1:29 PM In reply to

• Lewcy DB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 14 2015
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

I have the same irritation running 2020.12

Markers certainly used to be maintained whilst performing "remove match frame edits". I suspect it's a bug.

Clyde

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller