Latest post Sat, Mar 27 2021 7:02 AM by Jim Marshall. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 27 2021 12:57 AM

Show clip in & out times quickly?

This is probably easy and staring me in the face, but what is the quickest way to see the in-time and out-time of a clip in the timeline, together, somewhere, without moving the playhead to the start and end of the clip? Ideally, I would like to be able to select a clip and see the in & out listed together somewhere.

Media Composer 2021.3.0; 2020 iMac 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB RAM, 27" Retina 5K, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB; macOS Big Sur (always the most recent... [view my complete system specs]

-- Jim

• Sat, Mar 27 2021 4:46 AM In reply to

Re: Show clip in & out times quickly?

This is the kind of in/out start/stop info I want to be able to see for clips in the timeline. Is there an easier way to show this kind of clip info, without needing to take several steps to update the info repeatedly?

Media Composer 2021.3.0; 2020 iMac 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB RAM, 27" Retina 5K, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB; macOS Big Sur (always the most recent... [view my complete system specs]

-- Jim

• Sat, Mar 27 2021 6:22 AM In reply to

You can display this information in a bin in text view mode. At the top of every bin are 3 buttons for text view, frame view, and script view. Change the bin with the clips you want to see start and end information for to text view. Then from the bin fast menu at the top right corner of the bin, select 'choose columns' and from the pop-up window select the information you want to display.

Media Composer 2021.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Mar 27 2021 7:02 AM In reply to

The Mark IN and Mark OUT columns appear most relevant but, alas, the times reported there seem to be the original In and Out mark times in the source window. Those numbers do not appear to update when I trim the clips in the timeline. Also, if I take several clips out of the source file and into the timeline, the bin In and Out columns still show only one pair of In and Out times. I guess what I need is a way to show start and end timecodes for a clip in the timeline or composer area rather than in the bins.

-- Jim

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller