Latest post Fri, Jul 23 2021 10:12 PM by Philip Kapadia. 60 replies.
Page 4 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 29 2021 3:58 PM In reply to

Re: Avid background services do not work...

Aha... program files on G. You make things a little more complicated.

Anyway... comparing your logs to succesfull jobs on other systems doesn't bring me further. However there are more logs to check.

What do you find in this location?

C:\ProgramData\Avid\Avid Interplay Transcode

It should have more logs. Better to group them by date and time.

It should have: AMETranscodelog.txt, APITranscode.log TranscodeUIStubs.log and a fatal error reports folder.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own systems: 1x Z420 E5 1650 32GB memory quadro K2200, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 24GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Thu, Apr 29 2021 4:20 PM In reply to

Jeroen van Eekeres:

Aha... program files on G. You make things a little more complicated.

Anyway... comparing your logs to succesfull jobs on other systems doesn't bring me further. However there are more logs to check.

What do you find in this location?

C:\ProgramData\Avid\Avid Interplay Transcode

It should have more logs. Better to group them by date and time.

It should have: AMETranscodelog.txt, APITranscode.log TranscodeUIStubs.log and a fatal error reports folder.

Yeah, My program files are on G. Changed through the reg editor because my C drive didn't have enough space for pro tools, media composer, resolve & the adobe suite. Later this year I'll upgrade my SSD to a larger one, windows and program files will be on that. 

Here is a link to the AMETranscodelog.txt

Here is a link to: APITranscode.log

Here is a link to: TranscodeUIStubs.log

Here is a link to: Fatal error reports folder

Please forgive me, I have absolutely no idea how to read any of these files, it's all a different language to me.

I didn't edit on this system since I re-created the error earlier, so all the logs should still be untouched. 

I don't think I see any particular errors in there, but as I say I don't really know what I'm doing here.

Ryzen/GTX H/W (I know) [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 29 2021 5:18 PM In reply to

Hi Could you delete the pmr and mdb files from here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Avid Media Composer\Avid_MediaFiles

And restart Media composer? It will recreate those.

Now try to perfrom the background transcode again.

Another thing I see from the logs is this message:

Missing Effect: Blend-X generic.

Jeroen

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own systems: 1x Z420 E5 1650 32GB memory quadro K2200, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 24GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

• Thu, Apr 29 2021 6:09 PM In reply to

Jeroen van Eekeres:

Jeroen

Hi again,

I tried that.. but the same error as before still persists. This time, it's stuck on 'Processing'. I also tried this time to background render into another drive (My HDD) but to no avail. 

I saw that blend x generic thing, but ignored it. Blend X Generic is a free blend mode plugin, however it is installed on my system, and none of my current projects have the blend x generic plugin on any of my sequences. Also, in the video I sent earlier I tried rendering a resize effect in my timeline. 

Any other suggestions?

• Fri, Apr 30 2021 9:23 AM In reply to

Jeroen van Eekeres:

Jeroen

I'm just doing some more research, and I notice that I'm on Windows 10 home, media composer supports Windows 10 professional, do you think this would have anything to do with this issue? 

• Fri, Apr 30 2021 9:48 AM In reply to

Hi Philip,

Working for an Avid reseller, 99% of all systems we setup are 'by the Avid book' so always on certified hardware and operating system. So my experience with the windows 10 Home edition in combination with Media composer is zero to none.

The main difference between pro and home is the ability to use the pro version in a domain environment where admins centrally control what a user can and can't do. I'm tempted to believe it should work but I simply have no lnowledge or experience. Maybe somebody else can confirm background transcode works on the home edition.

That said. You have discovered Avid's policy on only supporting specific hardware and software. Practically what the economical viable amount of variations are they can test for all their products which you can buy in that exact same setup. The reason Avid did not answer to your support request is for sure also because of the use of Windows 10 Home. 

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

• Fri, Apr 30 2021 12:41 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,876
    • Points 69,660

Hi Philip, I was going to ask if You were running Windows Home by any chance, and then I said to myself "let me read the previous posts before asking already supplied information", You beated me answering my question before I could even post it! Well Windows Home might be a problem, and since Windows Pro licenses sell very very cheap on EBAY if I was You I'd invest ten quid to upgrade the OS and see the outcome. 

Symphony 21.3, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Fri, Apr 30 2021 12:55 PM In reply to

Jeroen van Eekeres:

Hi Philip,

Working for an Avid reseller, 99% of all systems we setup are 'by the Avid book' so always on certified hardware and operating system. So my experience with the windows 10 Home edition in combination with Media composer is zero to none.

The main difference between pro and home is the ability to use the pro version in a domain environment where admins centrally control what a user can and can't do. I'm tempted to believe it should work but I simply have no lnowledge or experience. Maybe somebody else can confirm background transcode works on the home edition.

That said. You have discovered Avid's policy on only supporting specific hardware and software. Practically what the economical viable amount of variations are they can test for all their products which you can buy in that exact same setup. The reason Avid did not answer to your support request is for sure also because of the use of Windows 10 Home. 

I hate to bring up competitors, because I like avid a lot, But I've never had such an experiance with Adobe when troubleshooting their Premiere Pro. 

• Fri, Apr 30 2021 12:57 PM In reply to

luca.mg:

Hi Philip, I was going to ask if You were running Windows Home by any chance, and then I said to myself "let me read the previous posts before asking already supplied information", You beated me answering my question before I could even post it! Well Windows Home might be a problem, and since Windows Pro licenses sell very very cheap on EBAY if I was You I'd invest ten quid to upgrade the OS and see the outcome. 

Definitely, Next time I upgrade (when I finish these current projects) I'll upgrade to Windows Pro. As Jeroen has said though, I can't imagine there to be a big difference.

• Fri, Apr 30 2021 12:59 PM In reply to

Jeroen van Eekeres:

Hi Philip,

I'm still quite keen to get this working though, I'll do some more troubleshooting myself, and give support these logs, maybe they can tell me at least what the issue is. 

• Sun, Jun 27 2021 8:38 AM In reply to

Hi all, Today I factory reset my system and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (from Win 10 Home)

The service now works, Avid is transcoding in the background, however when trying to view the background transcode list, I get this error:

The same thing happens when opening the background service queue within media composer.

Any ideas what this could mean?

Thanks again for all your help. 

• Sun, Jun 27 2021 10:55 AM In reply to

• Mercer
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 15 2010
    • UK
    • Posts 639
    • Points 8,185

Can't enlarge that image Philip, so you may want to post it again. I'm sure this has been mentioned to you somewhere in this long thread but background rendering, transcoding etc. can take up quite a few pc resources that could offset the productivity of rendering on the go. I've always disabled it but then I'm muscle memoried into ctrl s after many years. I suppose if you are on a very fast turnaround it maybe of use but I am a lot and have never seen the point in it. I rarely have to render much these days but it would have been useful back in the day when that was almost essential.Yes

MC with Symphony option, 2021.6, HP ZBook 17 G5, i7-8850H 6 core/64GB ram/512 M2 ssd/Nvidia Quadro P5200/16GB/FHD, HP Thunderbolt Dock G2, BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jun 27 2021 11:29 AM In reply to

Hi Mercer, apologies about that.

I don't think it's been mentioned, here's a link to the screenshot: https://community.avid.com/members/philipkapadia/files/Screenshot-2021_2D00_06_2D00_27-093559.png.aspx

I'm very grateful for everyone that's helped thus far!

I'd love to use it when transcoding media to multiple bins :) at the moment I have to wait for one bin to finish transcoding, to then transcode the media in the next bin. It would be great to automate this!! 

• Sun, Jun 27 2021 11:38 AM In reply to

• Mercer
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 15 2010
    • UK
    • Posts 639
    • Points 8,185

Looks like a problem with your Localhost being blocked, perhaps a permissions thing but someone else will know more than me on that one.

MC with Symphony option, 2021.6, HP ZBook 17 G5, i7-8850H 6 core/64GB ram/512 M2 ssd/Nvidia Quadro P5200/16GB/FHD, HP Thunderbolt Dock G2, BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jun 27 2021 5:35 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,876
    • Points 69,660

Glad You got this working Philip, I do agree that background transcoding to multiple bins is quite useful, while background rendering on a fast computer is less sexy.

I only randomly have the pleasure to admire the background queue in all its beauty within MC, I gave up on this quite a few years ago, but the queue always shows up in the browser when ran from the taskbar button. Double check the firewall settings, or try to change the default browser and let us know the outcome. Did You install MC as an administrator? Other than being a user with admin super powers You have to right click the installer and "Run as administrator".

Symphony 21.3, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 4 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller