Latest post Thu, Mar 11 2021 2:59 PM by Philip Kapadia. 16 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 10 2021 8:57 AM In reply to

• Mercer
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 15 2010
    • UK
    • Posts 639
    • Points 8,185

Re: Way to find out what AVID are working on

Philip Kapadia:
    Thank you, I'm 17 years old. I'll be going to university/(they call it college in America) next year :)

Well done Philip, I wish you every success.  I would just add that Resolve Studio has very advanced HEVC hardware encoding. Yes

Whilst on the subject of the pace and development of features and whilst we have the attention of the wonderful Marianna: I am I think always a supporter and rigurous defender of Avid, because it pays my bills and I truly believe it the best NLE out there. But having only paid a 1 off fee for Resolve of £295, their pace of development is astounding. Version 17 is already at production release 17.1 today and it has been rock steady through a lot of it's beta iterations for me.

My workflow is centered round Avid - always will be - but Davinci Resolve is an increasingly necessary finishing and round trip tool, since Symphony has seen little development at all, especially with hardware and the Titler+ tool still not fully ready for production, IMV. Notwithstanding what I have already said about Avid being almost complete for me in every other way. I don't mind paying the Avid subscription - it is a tax deductable expense - but I would wish for a faster pace of development in some areas. Just my view as always.

MC with Symphony option, 2021.6, HP ZBook 17 G5, i7-8850H 6 core/64GB ram/512 M2 ssd/Nvidia Quadro P5200/16GB/FHD, HP Thunderbolt Dock G2, BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 11 2021 2:59 PM In reply to

Re: Way to find out what AVID are working on

Mercer:

Philip Kapadia:
    Thank you, I'm 17 years old. I'll be going to university/(they call it college in America) next year :)

Well done Philip, I wish you every success.  I would just add that Resolve Studio has very advanced HEVC hardware encoding. Yes

Whilst on the subject of the pace and development of features and whilst we have the attention of the wonderful Marianna: I am I think always a supporter and rigurous defender of Avid, because it pays my bills and I truly believe it the best NLE out there. But having only paid a 1 off fee for Resolve of £295, their pace of development is astounding. Version 17 is already at production release 17.1 today and it has been rock steady through a lot of it's beta iterations for me.

My workflow is centered round Avid - always will be - but Davinci Resolve is an increasingly necessary finishing and round trip tool, since Symphony has seen little development at all, especially with hardware and the Titler+ tool still not fully ready for production, IMV. Notwithstanding what I have already said about Avid being almost complete for me in every other way. I don't mind paying the Avid subscription - it is a tax deductable expense - but I would wish for a faster pace of development in some areas. Just my view as always.

Completely agree. I think it's important to step back once in a while, and have a look at the competition. Avid's logo is great, and purple is cool - But try not to be too brand loyal! 

Ryzen/GTX H/W (I know) [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller