Latest post Sat, Feb 27 2021 3:32 AM by Jim Marshall. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Feb 21 2021 1:03 PM

SYS_ERROR,OSErr:43

I get this error message all the time. It's not limited to one or more specific activities and pops up even when I'm not doing anything. There are a bewildering number of posts on this error message.

Has Avid spoken to this error message with a specific explanation or specific troubleshooting steps? If so, would someone please provide a link or something?

Media Composer 2021.3.0; 2020 iMac 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB RAM, 27" Retina 5K, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB; macOS Big Sur (always the most recent... [view my complete system specs]

-- Jim

Filed under: ,
  • Sun, Feb 21 2021 6:34 PM In reply to

Re: SYS_ERROR,OSErr:43

Hi Jimbo724

It would help to know your system specifications. Which specific version of Media Composer are you using? Which specific operating system? Processor? Amount of RAM? Video card? Is your media linked, transcoded, or imported? Where is your media stored? Look at my profile at the bottom of this post for an example.

If you fill out this information in your profile, you won't have to type it out every time you need help.

Media Composer 2021.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Feb 22 2021 7:15 AM In reply to

Just to clarify, I see this error message in all windows during all kinds of activities and even when I'm not doing anything - while, for example, merely reading an external PDF tutorial with MC open. This message does not appear connected to any particular action or command, except possibly an automatic MC backup, and that's pure speculation. Does MC log this kind of thing?

Media Composer 2021.3.0; 2020 iMac 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB RAM, 27" Retina 5K, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB; macOS Big Sur (always the most recent... [view my complete system specs]

-- Jim

• Mon, Feb 22 2021 8:14 AM In reply to

This apparently does not get included automatically:

Media Composer 2021.2.0; 2020 iMac 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB RAM, 27" Retina 5K, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB; macOS Big Sur (always updated); external USB-3 Seagate 8 TB HD

-- Jim

• Mon, Feb 22 2021 11:43 AM In reply to

Jim Marshall:

This apparently does not get included automatically:

Media Composer 2021.2.0; 2020 iMac 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB RAM, 27" Retina 5K, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB; macOS Big Sur (always updated); external USB-3 Seagate 8 TB HD

It's included in the information at the bottom of all of your posts.

You say 'macOS Big Sur (always updated)' for your specific version of the OS, but the version matrix says only version 11.1 is qualified for use with Media Composer. I don't know if that's your problem, but that where I'd start looking.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/compatibility/en267087

Media Composer 2021.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Feb 22 2021 2:12 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,551
    • Points 255,080
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hi there Jim....

Hope you are staying safe out there....   Like carl implied, best to not have auto updates on as sometimes we just arent ready for Apple when they update an OS.  Best to be safe and check with us first.

Aside, this error occurs when a file cannot be found.  If the file is a QuickTime reference movie, make sure all of the files it refers to exist on disk and are accessible.

This can also occur if the hard drive catalog is corrupt.

I dont recall you mentioning when this actually happens?  Launch, playback????  

I do recall items that run in the back ground on older versions like Time Machone could cause it too so turing that off in the past causerd the issue to go away.

Let me know.

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 24 2021 11:27 AM In reply to

Hi, Marianna.

This error message does not appear connected or limited to any specific activity or activities. Sometimes it happens when MC is open but I'm not actually doing anything, e.g. when I'm looking away to read the MC101 Fundamentals I ebook.

I doubt this has anything to do with disk corruption. My iMac is new and the external HD on which I keep media is alwys attached and only a few months old. So far, since I'm new to MC, I've pretty much limited myself to using the practice media for the MC101 ebook. All quite vanilla to this point.

-- Jim

• Sat, Feb 27 2021 3:32 AM In reply to

Marianna:
    I dont recall you mentioning when this actually happens?  Launch, playback????  

Just now it occurred when I was following the instructions on p. 188 of the MC101 Fundamentals 1 ebook to set up the Color Correction effect, specifically when I clicked on the AutoCorrect tab at the top (i.e. step 5).

Despite this error, MC stayed open and does not appear unstable.

-- Jim

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller