Latest post Fri, Jan 8 2021 4:11 PM by Doylw. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 8 2021 10:43 AM

• Doylw
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 8 2021
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Achieving Attic

Hi All,

I'm having a small issue with avid which is my project is very slow when saving, creating and moving bins. After a bit of googling I found page where avid were suggesting archiving the attic. This isn't an issue except I'm mid-project and obviously I don't want to break anything. Is this safe to do?

Sorry if this question has been asked before (I did search and couldn't find anything).

I'm working on version: 2020.8.0.55115.0 and my mac Os is Catalina 10.15.2.

Thanks

Filed under: , ,
  • Fri, Jan 8 2021 3:56 PM In reply to

Re: Achieving Attic

The Avid Attic will be holding a folder for each and every project you have edited on that machine.

All the old folders can be deleted (why archive them? after a job is done they serve no purpose)

To be honest even the current projects attic is only useful if you have a crash mid edit and as long as you have a backup copy of your current project the attic only holds old copies of bins.

I'd quit Avid. Make a backup copy of the whole Avid project to an external drive (you should be dong this every session anyway)

Delete all the other attic folders. Copy the current projets attic folder to an external drive. (or just delete it)

Restart and carry on.

You may also want to vist the Bin settings and optimise the attic settings there. Do you rally need 50 copies of each bin? (I set that to 10 max) and do you need 1000 copies of bins for this project (make sure you tick the save at least one copy of each bin option)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Fri, Jan 8 2021 4:11 PM In reply to

• Doylw
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 8 2021
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Re: Achieving Attic

Thats great thank you

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller