Latest post Tue, Nov 3 2020 10:50 AM by Vilem. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 30 2020 11:53 PM

EDL View

Hello,

Is there a way to see an active EDL of my edit choices? In DaVinci Resolve there is this thing called an Edit Index. When you scroll through your timeline, it shows you your active edits kind of like an EDL.

I know you can *export* an EDL file, but I am wondering in Avid if you can actually see your EDL like in a spreadsheet format while editing.

Thanks,

Asaf

• Sat, Oct 31 2020 5:34 PM In reply to

Re: EDL View

I had no clue this existed, but was just briefed about this:

With the List tool you can create an EDL and click the “gang” icon that will sync the position of the timeline to its position in the list. It is unidirectional meaning moving the timeline will move the position in the List Window, but moving in the List Window will not change timeline position. Nor is it dynamically updated while editing, and loading a new sequence requires you to reload the EDL, click preview, then Gang again.

Resolve allows for synced navigation from either the EDL view or the timeline and it is dynamically updated as you edit or load a new sequence.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 3 2020 10:50 AM In reply to

• Vilem
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 10 2010
    • Prague
    • Posts 1,438
    • Points 15,785

Re: EDL View

Job ter Burg:
    It is unidirectional meaning moving the timeline will move the position in the List Window, but moving in the List Window will not change timeline position.

Hi,

I also didn't know it, but tested it in MC 2020.10, and it works both ways.

The movement in the Master EDL shows the position on the timeline.

V.

AVID MC2021.06, HP Z620 - 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2620, Quadro P2000 - driver 461.72, RAM 48GB - DDR3, BM Intensity Pro 4k - 12.1, W10 - 64bit Professional... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller