Latest post Mon, Sep 28 2020 7:51 PM by Marianna. 60 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (61 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 18 2020 12:27 PM

• alexdetig
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 15 2014
    • Posts 49
    • Points 650

AVID Titler plus still useless?

Locked Contact

I've real trouble working with this tool. 

A bunch of bugs and disappoiting things here.

Anyone else too?

Cheers

Alex

• Tue, Aug 18 2020 12:54 PM In reply to

Re: AVID Titler plus still useless?

It is a work in progress I'm afraid.

But the best thing is to actually detail the bugs and how they occur. Then we can feed that back to the team to look at.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Tue, Aug 18 2020 1:12 PM In reply to

• alexdetig
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 15 2014
    • Posts 49
    • Points 650

Killing the simple titler was a bad decision.

The title plus is useless and now we have no working tilting in Composer anymore.

Sometimes I wonder about the decisions made by programmers....

• Tue, Aug 18 2020 2:53 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,558
    • Points 255,250
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

alexdetig:

I've real trouble working with this tool. 

A bunch of bugs and disappoiting things here.

Anyone else too?

Cheers

Alex

ALex et al.

First my apologies as I have been out with a medical issue so I wasnt ignroing this thread just not onine for the last 2 weeks.   

Second, prior to being off, I did bring this to the product teams attention and Dave C. responded.  Not only did he respond externally but he asked that Kate work on your comments. suggestions and feature feedback when she got back from vacation.  She is back and working it.... and also working on titler fixes for the next release.

Im back tomorrow and know I will have THOUSANDS of emails but I promise to close the loop with Kate and post here when I do.

stand by - thank you all for your patience with this and me.  :)

Back in a day or 2.

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 18 2020 7:17 PM In reply to

• Editim
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 5 2006
    • Posts 30
    • Points 485

Avid Titler+ is completely useless.  It's another example of Avid fixing something that wasn't broke.  Audio scrub anyone? I don't believe there's any documentation for it either.  If I'm mistaken, please point me to something.  Total BS that when you ask for documentation the moderators here point you to a YouTube video that wasn't even produced by Avid.  Avid wants to look and act like Premier Pro.  Avid forgets that they led the non-linear editing revolution and everybody followed them.  Sad to see Avid pretending to be Premier.

I have had a Media Composer for over 20 years and this is the first "upgrade" that has me completely confused and not wanting to even launch the darn thing.  

• Sat, Aug 22 2020 9:23 PM In reply to

been using it for the fist time this week fir a real project and its still very inconsistent. sometimes it acts as normal - sometimes not. Positions shift all the time, cant do a simple keyframe thing at all, etc. the idea is there but the implemention is jacked up. not even a way to center text as far as i can tell because the bounding box is so tempremental. 

hate having to use 2 windows too, one of which dissapears and the other (the effect editor) has a million options hidden in dropdowns that arent clear at all what they apply to. 

optimistic they can fix this but I agree not having the title tool remain for the transition period seemed like a bad choice. 

• Sat, Aug 22 2020 10:13 PM In reply to

Editim:
    It's another example of Avid fixing something that wasn't broke.  Audio scrub anyone?

It was broken:

Marianna:
    (Posted August 2019)

The Caps Lock feature has been problematic since macOS Sierra came out and still is problematic today with macOS Mojave. There have been numerous customer bugs that were entered over the years, some of which were due to OS changes/bugs causing Caps Lock functionality to break.

So Avid decided to replace Caps Lock with a mappable command key.

Robert Goodman :
    not having the title tool remain for the transition period seemed like a bad choice. 

The Title Tool is a 32-bit app. Catalina does not run 32-bit apps. If you want the old title tool you can run Media Composer 2020.x with High Sierra, and download the legacy apps from the Media Composer page in the download center.

Media Composer 2021.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Aug 22 2020 10:53 PM In reply to

• morsey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 12 2019
    • Posts 49
    • Points 595

camoscato:

The Title Tool is a 32-bit app. Catalina does not run 32-bit apps. If you want the old title tool you can run Media Composer 2020.x with High Sierra, and download the legacy apps from the Media Composer page in the download center.

I think it's time to stop posting Catalina as a somewhat excuse for the limitations in MC 2020. I think many are annoyed that the old title tool doesn't work in MC 2020 because the new title tool is so bad.

• Sun, Aug 23 2020 7:26 AM In reply to

morsey:

camoscato:

I think it's time to stop posting Catalina as a somewhat excuse for the limitations in MC 2020. I think many are annoyed that the old title tool doesn't work in MC 2020 because the new title tool is so bad.

I understand and I don't disagree when it comes to the shortcomings and problems with Titler+.

That said, it's still true that there are limitations with Media Composer 2020.x running under Catalina which are not present if you use a different qualified operating system. It's not accurate to suggest that Avid deliberately chose to limit Media Composer and Apple's decision-making was irrelevant.

Media Composer 2021.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Mon, Aug 24 2020 4:20 AM In reply to

camoscato:

I am aware, but some of us had to get new computers in quaruntine to work from home and high sieraa isnt an option. 

• Mon, Aug 24 2020 5:35 AM In reply to

camoscato:
    Robert Goodman :
    not having the title tool remain for the transition period seemed like a bad choice. 

Robert Goodman :
    I am aware, but some of us had to get new computers in quaruntine to work from home and high sieraa isnt an option. 

That sucks, but that's not a situation that was forced on you by Avid. Apple eliminated 32-bit support from Catalina, so Avid couldn't give you the choice of the legacy title tool in that OS, and Apple doesn't allow you to buy a new computer with an older OS.

Again, I get that Titler+ is inadequate. That's 100% Avid's responsibility and I'm not defending what they've done, but the other limitations in Catalina are there because of choices made by Apple.

• Mon, Aug 24 2020 9:33 AM In reply to

Dear Pat,

This tool was dead in the water.

It's time for AVID to face the facts and build a new title tool from scratch.

Best regards,

Noël

• Mon, Aug 24 2020 2:45 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,432
    • Points 61,720
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Robert Goodman :

been using it for the fist time this week fir a real project and its still very inconsistent. sometimes it acts as normal - sometimes not. Positions shift all the time, cant do a simple keyframe thing at all, etc. the idea is there but the implemention is jacked up. not even a way to center text as far as i can tell because the bounding box is so tempremental. 

hate having to use 2 windows too, one of which dissapears and the other (the effect editor) has a million options hidden in dropdowns that arent clear at all what they apply to. 

optimistic they can fix this but I agree not having the title tool remain for the transition period seemed like a bad choice. 

Thank you for providing some specifics whch are useful in testing the upcoming release... If anyone else wants to provide specific bugs and issues I'm sure they will be appreciated and addressed among those who are testing. Please update your system/software, etc., when doing so. :)

Mac Pro, 64GB Ram. 1TB SSD system drive, 250Gb SSD external (media) drive. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2019.12.1. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 24 2020 5:43 PM In reply to

• morsey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 12 2019
    • Posts 49
    • Points 595

camoscato:

Robert Goodman :

That sucks, but that's not a situation that was forced on you by Avid. Apple eliminated 32-bit support from Catalina, so Avid couldn't give you the choice of the legacy title tool in that OS, and Apple doesn't allow you to buy a new computer with an older OS.

Again, I get that Titler+ is inadequate. That's 100% Avid's responsibility and I'm not defending what they've done, but the other limitations in Catalina are there because of choices made by Apple.

Limitations in Avid are because of Apple? No, other larger software companies just got on with it. We need to update systems, you can't even buy an old Mac Pro unless you find one second hand. We are taking a decade of notice and almost a year since public release. Gotta keep up.

In regards to the title tool, looking forward to the upgrade. Been using subcap as it's less painful.

• Wed, Aug 26 2020 9:41 PM In reply to

• mcdannyj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Oct 9 2011
    • Posts 39
    • Points 525

Yes. Useless.

Always excited to install a new update. I'm liking most everything else Avid has done with the 2020 version. But...

The Title Tool+ STILL suffers from the same bug I discovered in 2020.4. Take the simplest of titles. A simple text card. One word. Select the text, or even a single letter. Try to change the color by selecting the color picker (from the "2nd" floating windiow of controls. Avid LOCKS UP. Can't close windows. Can't change modes. Can't quit the title tool. Can't even quit properly. Can't do a *** thing. And I go to Force Quit to see if Avid Media Composure is listed in red, as not responding. Nope. It's running fine. It just. Don't. Work.

I will defend Avid against all comers. Still the best editing/trimming tools bar none. But the Title+ tool needs an intervention and fast.

Fight the good fight!

Dan

2014 Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 ● 16 GB RAM ● 27" Cinema Display ● Media Composer 2020.8 (on Mac OS X 10.14.6) [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 5 (61 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller