Latest post Wed, Jun 10 2020 1:52 AM by Dominion Post. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 9 2020 8:20 PM

Audio Suite Time Compression

I have one long narration track that has been edited into segments. Some of these segments I want to speed up using Time Compression in AudioSuite. When I do so, the clip pulls in the next words of the narration (that have been edited out) to the end of the clip. Now have to make another edit to trim the sped up audio to remove the adjacent audio. This is a new bug to 2020.4 & .5

Filed under:
  • Tue, Jun 9 2020 9:28 PM In reply to

Re: Audio Suite Time Compression

Actually sounds like expected behavior to me.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 9 2020 10:03 PM In reply to

Job ter Burg:

Actually sounds like expected behavior to me.

+1

Media Composer 2024.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Jun 10 2020 12:41 AM In reply to

always been like that and seems like logical behavior to me. same thing when you speed up or slow down a clip using timewarp. 

• Wed, Jun 10 2020 1:52 AM In reply to

In version 2019.11 I do not have this problem. Again the longer clip is edited into its own section/clip on the timeline. Usually I have appiled the speed up and only the part with the effect on it speeds up leaving the section clean from other following audio. Must be lucky with 2019.11 but since I do a lot of these re-timing edits, may have to stick with it for a while. (I agree about the video behavior.) Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller