Latest post Fri, Aug 16 2019 4:18 PM by Van LaPointe. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 28 2019 10:17 PM

• Van LaPointe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 28 2018
    • Toronto
    • Posts 8
    • Points 70

Some Issues I've Noticed With 2019.7

I've noticed a few issues with 2019.7:

Using Render In-Out the text "Prepare effects for digital cut" is partially cut off in the render dialog box.

On my system using an NVIDIA GeForce 2070 graphics card with a two monitor setup (same resolution on both monitors) I am unable to restore MC after it has been minimized to the taskbar. The right screen containing composer and timeline stays full screen all the time, the left screen containing bins and the audio mixer minimizes - never to be restored.

I am unable to switch to the color correction workspace with a mapped hotkey.  I can use the dropdown menu - just not a hotkey.  I am able to switch to the source record editing workspace using a hotkey though.

Thanks, Van

Win 10, ASUS Core i9/GTX 2070, 64GB RAM, BMD Intensity Pro 4K/Smartscope Duo 4K [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Tue, Jul 30 2019 10:15 AM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 948
    • Points 12,235

Re: Some Issues I've Noticed With 2019.7

In  my opinion the whole new interface is a nightmare, and it needs a lot of debugging.

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

• Wed, Jul 31 2019 3:42 AM In reply to

• Van LaPointe
    • Not Ranked
    • Toronto
    • Posts 8
    • Points 70

I watched a video from NAB where the interface was introduced that was maybe 5 minutes long, and figured out the docking from there.  Sure, there are some bugs but I quickly got used to the new setup and none of those bugs are deal breakers for me.  Fortunately my old timeline settings imported fine so I can use the old school pastel track colours.  I'm not really big on the neon hues they're replaced with.  I think the new media engine will yield dividends in terms of porductivity especially with large raster files.  Keep squashing the bugs and the updates coming, Avid.

Win 10, ASUS Core i9/GTX 2070, 64GB RAM, BMD Intensity Pro 4K/Smartscope Duo 4K [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 16 2019 4:18 PM In reply to

• Van LaPointe
    • Not Ranked
    • Toronto
    • Posts 8
    • Points 70

Another bug: when accessing the audio mixer with a hotkey it pops up at a screen location different from what I've defined in my 'source record edit' workspace.

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller