Latest post Sat, Dec 9 2017 12:07 AM by rdmartin. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 1 2017 5:03 PM In reply to

• rdmartin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 4 2013
    • Posts 32
    • Points 460

Re: All import methods Failing

Okay I have got everything working now.

Link does work -- audio carries over and color is unalterned.

For import to also match I have to choose these settings from going to 1080p prores4444 quicktimes to DNxHD 175x

for there to be no shift in color.

So good to go. I can now start editing

Thanks for the support!

• Fri, Dec 1 2017 9:21 PM In reply to

rdmartin:
    Okay I have got everything working now.
    Great news

• Fri, Dec 8 2017 1:18 AM In reply to

• rdmartin
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 32
    • Points 460

VERY BAD NEWS:

I've been editing the last couple days. I had a timeline sequence, which I duplicated on December 5th and continued editing from as a sort of pass 2 of the cut. I did plenty of Save All's and Save all bins during the editing session with no problem.

Today (the first follow up edit session) I open the project and it boots up on NO sequence at all. I scroll through my bins and that latest sequence has disappeared. The only sequence I do have is the first pass which I duplicated from and  of course is old and doesn't reflect the latest edits.

I go into my MXF folders 1 and 3 and the latest MXF files are from December 2nd.... even older then December 5th.

I have had different sort of project corruptions in the past on other projects and had to go into some sort of background index folders and retrieve/restore the project from the last/latest saved version of a specific file.... I don't remember these steps but do need to get my latest edit retrieved immediately.

Where should I be looking and what are my needed directions to fix this???

IN THE PROJECT FOLDER ON MY EXTERNAL DRIVE THOUGH I do have that bin and it's last save time is correct from Dec. 5th.... should I drag these bins into my currently project which is open and in operation (but is incorrect and having been reverted) OR should I close out of this project (should I force quit it so that it doesn't save automaticaly on closing???) and then retrieve/restore the correct project flle???

• Fri, Dec 8 2017 5:05 AM In reply to

I would suggest you open MC Help and search the word "Attic"  The help files detail methods to access and uses these backup (Acttic) bins to find the latest versions of you timelline.

The Attic can be your best friend to retreive seemingly lost timelines.  

• Fri, Dec 8 2017 5:53 AM In reply to

• rdmartin
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 32
    • Points 460

I just used attic for all my bins with save dates on Dec 5th and searched through every bin version on that date... NOTHING. it is seemingly gone. I'm really surprised. There were no error messages at all when saving the progress of work on that day, and the timestamps of my bins in the attic are correct, and yet ONLY this sequence/timeline file is missing...

all the sublips and everything is there....

Something must have gotten messed up upon my initial creation of the new sequence. How could it have not actaully be permanentally created and saved?

Upon creation I went FILE>DUPLICATE. It created a copy, I renamed it, and then started editing from there and doing Save All's and Save Bins from that new sequence in the timeline.

Now it's gone..How can I search for specific files (sequences) to perhaps get this single file back? I wouldn't have put it in the trash... because then how would the project have been able to saved?

Unless this is the good old, You're saving and everything appears fine but then you realize none of your work is actually being saved at all because something glitched with avid and the startup or when reattending to your current session so it was all a false pretense. I'm sure you've all experienced those editing sessions before as well... Hoping this isn't the case here.

I need a new option of getting back this sequence file. Suggestions?

• Fri, Dec 8 2017 11:32 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,911
    • Points 70,025

I've seen this happening after MC crashes and pops out the dialogue with the quit or carry on options (whatever the exact message is). If You keep working instead of quit and restart MC (and perhaps the all computer), Avid appears to save while in fact it does not. That dialogue box shouldn't offer the option to carry on working. This happened to me only once, quite a while ago, since I've learned to quit Avid after a crash, no matter what. Can't remember if the attic saved me, but in Your case, if nothing useful is in the folder, there's no way to recover a lost sequence that I know of. :-(

Symphony 21.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Sat, Dec 9 2017 12:07 AM In reply to

• rdmartin
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 32
    • Points 460

Yes that is what I fear. However, what is strange is that IF that is the case, then why were the bins properly saved and they have do have the correct date modification time stamps which reflect that the project was successfully saving up till when I closed out of the project.... they were also sucessfully retreived and imported back into my project out of the avid attic.

So this is not making sense... it's just this singular sequence file that has gone missing.

so my current problem can  be catagorized as "Lost/Missing Sequence"

Need a spitball of ideas

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller