Latest post Wed, Feb 7 2018 7:26 PM by elbows. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 5 2017 4:26 AM

Export to MP4 Directly from Avid

Hello,

I read that Media Composer | First will allow you to export directly to YouTube from the application.  Will the full (not free) version eventually have this functionality?

Marianna? :)

Thank you,

AB

• Sun, May 7 2017 2:06 PM In reply to

Re: Export to MP4 Directly from Avid

Lets hope it doesn't use the QT engine as MC does currently.

You can export using a custome codec in MC today but its slow and clunky.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

• Fri, May 12 2017 6:32 PM In reply to

• Susi
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London, UK
    • Posts 604
    • Points 7,040

I'd love this to be possible right now, for quick shares.  Having spent a few months in FCP-land with students and their projects, it's great to be working with a clearly track-based timeline again - but things like this are tripping me up!

MCversion 2020-10-0 on macOS 10.14.6 13" early-2015 Macbook Pro; 3.1GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB 1867 MHz DDR3 Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB Gizmos... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 12 2017 9:33 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 160,330

Just rename mov to mp4 , another wrapper - same codec

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Fri, May 12 2017 10:00 PM In reply to

A suggestion. Duplicate your sequence (from the Composer window)  
    Rename the duplicate with xxx for MP4 output
    Mixdown the video and audio.
    Edit the video mixdown into the sequence with all video tracks selected.  (only leaves the mixdown video in the sequence.)
    Delete all audio tracks other than the audio mixdown track.
    Mark in and out at the beginning and end of the sequence.
    Output to File (MC 8 terminology for export) a QT reference or Same as source.  (the reference is instant SAS very quick)
    Open Sorenson use export to you-tube setting and encode. 

If you do this a lot then setting several of these steps up in one of MC's Send to" presets can streamline this process.

FWIW At present I am using numerous times a day with an appropriate Timecode burn in effect to the top video track before the mixdown.  It takes less than a couple of minutes from completing the mixdowns. Then Squeeze encodes 4x faster than real-time.  If you know you what to deliver to a specific place then Squeeze has a deliver option that you can set up (to action from the MC send to template.   Disclaimer  I do not use either the Send to or Sorenson deliver options so only suggest them from knowing that they are available and what they claim to be capable of.

• Tue, May 16 2017 4:12 AM In reply to

Thank you all for your replies :) Making a QT reference is what I do now as a workaround. I would just love to have the ability to exported an MP4 file direct from MC *without* a reference file, kind of what Premiere Pro does with Adobe Media Encoder. And yes, i'm not talking about using MC's old Quicktime engine to create it that way, because that method is super slow. What I would love to see is have an option for MP4 under the "Export AMA File..." option.

Thanks all

• Wed, Feb 7 2018 7:26 PM In reply to

• elbows
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 11 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 17
    • Points 185

A very quick solution is to 'rewrap' the file using Mpeg Streamclip. Just open and File>Save As and choose Mp4 from the dropdown

MC 7.03 on MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller