Latest post Tue, Jan 17 2017 8:23 PM by AndrewAction. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 16 2017 7:49 AM

• jaycee
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 8 2012
    • Posts 15
    • Points 205

Boris Red 5.5

Hello all,

Whenever I drag an RT effect from Boris titler to a clip in my timeline the video in my composer window disappears & I cannot see the clip /video when I launch the Boris interface. 

For example, I wish to create a title for my video  i launch the effects pallete & drag the boris rt effect directly to a clip in my timeline & my video disappears from the composer window & will not return until I undo add effect. 

I have seen this technique used in plenty of tutorial videos but I cannot get it to work for me.  I am sure it is merely a setting I am overlooking.   

What gives? This is driving me mad. 

Thanks in advance for any assist. 

• Tue, Jan 17 2017 2:07 PM In reply to

• powerfreak
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Mahopac, NY
    • Posts 317
    • Points 3,970

Re: Boris Red 5.5

That's bizaar, never seen that...doesn't sound like a wrong setting (unless a user setting is corrupt or something). What happens if you drag the effect to a blank space of filler in the timeline (not over a shot). What happens if you highlight the clip and doubleclick on the effect in the fx pallet?

Avid MC8.7 w/ Matrox Mini. Self built system...Dual Xeon E5-2620 CPUs....Supermicro x10DAX MB...64g Ram...Nvidia GeForce GTX1070...G Speed-Q external storage... [view my complete system specs]

The world is just a cesspool...but all my skies are blue

• Tue, Jan 17 2017 8:23 PM In reply to

Re: Boris Red 5.5

jaycee:
    Whenever I drag an RT effect from Boris titler to a clip
    Are you sure you dragged the RT Tile effect and not the the RT Title matte effect?  Here the RT Title Matte effect does exactly what you describe and the RT title effect works as expected. 
    FWIW I prefer to add the Boris Red effect and then Title tab in that. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller