Latest post Fri, Jul 8 2016 8:41 AM by bryancolvin. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 8 2016 8:21 AM

Add audio silence padding to BWAVs during import

I've beeen in lots of situatoins where production audio keeps cutting audio before camera cuts which makes it a pain to work with perf slip (which I use religiously on every clip)

I'd love to way to add silence padding before/after clips (maybe specify amount on both ends), to avoid this issue

Often the audio is cutting WITH camera, so the main thing that would solve it would be padding 1-4 seconds of audio silence on the end of each BWAV.

Then pef slip will always work without beeping at me and having to create multigroups or sacrifice frames by subclipping.

Thanks for all the other awesome updates, cutting TWO features currently in 8.5 and loving the new features you've added.

• Fri, Jul 8 2016 8:36 AM In reply to

Re: Add audio silence padding to BWAVs during import

Not meaning to discard your request, but I do think some field recorders allow for a post-roll. If your sound crew is so trigger-happy, perhaps they need to give you those 1-4 seconds of post-roll?

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 8 2016 8:41 AM In reply to

Re: Add audio silence padding to BWAVs during import

Thanks for suggestion. These situations have been on productions I was hired on AFTER production, so I had no chance to tell them :)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller