Latest post Sat, Dec 19 2020 12:26 AM by TVJohn. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 21 2016 5:29 PM

The Application Manager is eating away the battery

Why does the Application Manager run off the discrete and not the integrated graphics card? There is absolutely no reason for it to do that and in doing so, the battery on the MacBook Pro gets emptied at a faster rate.

• Thu, Apr 21 2016 11:22 PM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,995
    • Points 38,060

Re: The Application Manager is eating away the battery

Quit the Application Manager as soon as you start your computer. go into activity manager and kill the process.

Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

• Fri, Apr 22 2016 8:24 AM In reply to

Thanks but I know this. The question was intended to be transferred to the developers really.

• Wed, Dec 16 2020 7:58 PM In reply to

Dear Avid community, I seem unable to comprehend Any reason why such behavior from the AvidLink Manager application should be acceptable by any user. I am reading this is a long overdue issue that many users of Sibelius are trying to deal with. It still remains unresolved. I find this to be a reason good enough to switch to another notation software. Not  because this is something I would want to do, but because the team behind other companies actually seem to listen to their customers with at least some care about their experiences. Especially when it concerns such a basic yet incredibly serious issue - or shouldn't we rather call it, malfunction. Thanks for your time reading this, I would be very interested to know your thoughts  on the subject. G.E.L.

• Fri, Dec 18 2020 3:41 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,551
    • Points 255,080
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

George

Are you on the laest Link version?  In the last 2 versions there ahve been improvements to how the application handles RAM and CPU ussge.

Please advise the version you are on of Link and MC before I send this along.

marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 19 2020 12:26 AM In reply to

• TVJohn
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Bayonne NJ
    • Posts 4,403
    • Points 54,710

It probably would be appreciated if there was a simple activate / deactivate version.

Dell Display U2713HM(2560x1440), AMD FX8350 8core, AMD 990FX mobo, 32gig-DDR3-1600, Quadro K620/GTX260/core 216, Audigy2zs, 1TB SSD system drive, 2TB SATA... [view my complete system specs]

Using MC 21.5. Win 20H2  Avid FX6.4, Vegas Pro 18/ DVD Architect 6pro, DVDit6.4proHD, CCE Basic, TmpGe Express4, TmpGe Authoring Works 4, DVDLab-Studio. Sony EX-1R, Canon XH-A1, GL2, GL1, Canon EOS 60D

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller