Latest post Mon, Jun 7 2021 7:07 PM by MikeyB. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 10 2017 2:11 PM In reply to

Re: Autosync Clips by Waveform

I'm aware of the "Group Clips" by waveform but I'm looking for "Autosync" to have the same feature.

This is a neat workaround but not even close to feasible when receiving a large amount Clips from a movie set each day. Usually at least 50.

Doing it this way would at least double the time it takes to sync that many clips. Next thing is the mess of useless sub sequences in a bin that would be impossible to manage. I would also lose my method of duplicating the "Scene/Take" back into the "Name" Column wasting even more time manually re-typing them. The lost time would be a problem when your up at 3am with a 7am deadline for the PIX/DAX etc. uploads.

This is great for a few clips but not dozens.

Mac Pro - 5,1 - 2 x 3.46ghz 6 Core Xeons Sierra 10.12.6 64gb of OWC RAM GTX-980Ti Video Card Avid Nitris DX Symphony 2018.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 4 2021 5:05 PM In reply to

• Duds
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 20 2006
    • Bristol,UK
    • Posts 43
    • Points 535

Hi Nigel,

I recently googled an issue I'm having with conforming grouped clips in Avid and came across your post from a few years back.  Did you manage to get to the bottom of this? I have some RED files that my grader manged to conform from HD proxies easy enough, but when I grouped clips with my audio then sent the AAF to him it didn't work.

Did you find a solution to this issue? I appreacite this is out the blue but fingers crossed you might be able to shed some light for a fellow Avid user.

Best wishes

Paul

MC 5.5. AJA I/O Express. HP Z400, Quad Core Xeon 3.06GHz Processor, 6GB DDR3 RAM, Win 7 Pro, nVidia 3700, Sound Audigy Card, 5TB storage [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 4 2021 10:56 PM In reply to

• Martin Fox
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 14 2014
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 274
    • Points 2,915

Did you commit the multicam edit before you made the AAF? I frequently forget and the AAF is screwed in Resolve

iMac Retina27 late 2017 4.5Gz i7 40GB AMD 8GB with Sata Raid OS 10.13.4 MC 2018.3 BMD mini monitor with Eizo monitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 7 2021 9:19 AM In reply to

• Duds
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 20 2006
    • Bristol,UK
    • Posts 43
    • Points 535

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply.  How do you commit to the multicam? I only have one video track and I'm using "group clip" in order to help sync my footage and HQ audio. Once in my timeline I can right click and tell it to play the HQ grouped audio rather than the scratch track on the video clip.  It's just my grader can no longer see my clips when he could before I was using group clip. My current version of Avid doesn't have auto-sync either.

Thanks for your help

Duds 

MC 5.5. AJA I/O Express. HP Z400, Quad Core Xeon 3.06GHz Processor, 6GB DDR3 RAM, Win 7 Pro, nVidia 3700, Sound Audigy Card, 5TB storage [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 7 2021 7:07 PM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 574
    • Points 7,155
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Right-click the sequence in the bin and choose Commit Multicam from the menu. It'll make you a 'flattened' copy that is linked to the individual source cllips rather than the groups.

HTH

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller