Latest post Mon, Nov 30 2015 6:11 AM by DM. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 11 2015 2:38 PM

• John Mac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 184
    • Points 2,465

exception: a serious error has occurred

Hi

I know this has been posted before but I can't seem to find a way of curing the problem in one of my projects. It wopuld take forever to go through and relink via AMA all the bins but essentially this project is now uneditable as a result. Have tried various suggestions but nothing works yet

Is this a bug in 8.3 MC?

Thanks

John

MC 8 Windows 7 Pro 64-bit i7 Intel Core 4 cores 3.5 GHz 16 Gb ram Nvidia quadro 4000 Matrox mini 6TB internal connected to SATA III ports [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 13 2015 7:56 PM In reply to

• John Mac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 184
    • Points 2,465

Re: exception: a serious error has occurred

Okay, so after banging on my keys for an age it turns out this issue was caused by an error -36: I/O problem on a drive which was corrected by getting Windows to repair the sectors 

anyway, all working again! Phew 

MC 8 Windows 7 Pro 64-bit i7 Intel Core 4 cores 3.5 GHz 16 Gb ram Nvidia quadro 4000 Matrox mini 6TB internal connected to SATA III ports [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 30 2015 6:11 AM In reply to

• DM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 16 2011
    • LOS ANGELES
    • Posts 6
    • Points 40

Re: exception: a serious error has occurred

I know this is an old thread but I just got this error on MC 8.4. What was causing the error for me was some offline AMA clips. I had moved some AMA linked files to another drive after transcoding them. I had a couple AMA files in a sequence that didn't relink to the transcoded files. This will effect every sequence that has this media in it. 

Solution: i showed the reference clips in the bin and relinked the AMA clips to the transcoded ones. You can easily tell if they are causing the error by loading the AMA clips one by one into the source record window, eventually you will get the error when the offline clip is loaded. If you aren't transcoding AMA's it will aslo work if you just relink the AMA to a new destination if the files were moved. 

After hitting "ok" to get out of the warning, I had to clear the monitors, then copy the sequence into a new bin. in the new bin show reference clips. To narrow it down only display AMA clips. Try selecting "show offline media" for the bin...if nothing is highlighted you will have to do some dectective work. To narrow it down, sort the bin by drive location. If any ciip looks like they are pointing to an old drive location then start with those. If not start loading each AMA clip into the source record until you get the error.

For me this was an AMA clip and nothing showed offline in my sequence, so I had to take the time to locate the source of the error by doing the above work around. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller