Latest post Fri, Feb 20 2015 6:17 PM by Kevin Klimek. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 20 2015 3:01 AM

Another 8.3 Crash issue

I have OFTEN seen std:exception before crashing. This has been an issue for me on this current project.

I luckily grabbed a screenshot of this before it went away because nothign shows up in console

This is the first time though that I've seen BlipPlayer text in the right monitor before the crash.

All I'm doing is using match frame, and scrubbing, or find bin.

I have noticed it seems to happen if I don't wait for it to "catch up"

So I have to do match frame, wait....... ....

okay now i can use jkl and 1234 without issue. BUT a lot of times if i use my mouse to scrub before I use either jkl or 1234 then it crashes! Not everytime but much more often.

This is very very frustrating :(

Anyway my specs are (*** but, here they are)

Mac Mini Mid 2010

Pro: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Mem: 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

OS X 10.9.5

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

• Fri, Feb 20 2015 4:20 AM In reply to

Re: Another 8.3 Crash issue

My guess would be your underpowered system and/or corrupt clip or render files.

MC 2021.6, W10, MSI X299M, Intel 9940X, Gigabyte 2080Ti Waterforce, 64GB RAM, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, BM Mini monitor & Dell UP2718Q. MBP 2019, OSX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 20 2015 5:48 AM In reply to

that's what I was afraid of (its not currupt clip / render files, because its happening on multiple projects on different drives)

Thing is it worked without any issues on 8.1 and 8.2. (although those versions had their issues with multicam and other things that made it somewhat unusable for the project im working on)

8.0,8.1,8.2 all ran without crashes at all on this same machine.

My guess is that since 8.3 added higher resolution capability, the software now requires a bit more power than it did in previous verions, and now my little machine is just tapped out.

Does this sound about right? It is that time for upgrading the machine just around the corner

• Fri, Feb 20 2015 7:57 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Bainbridge Island, WA
    • Posts 5,560
    • Points 64,815
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

More RAM might tide you over.  Maybe.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Fri, Feb 20 2015 8:08 AM In reply to

hbrock:

More RAM might tide you over.  Maybe.

Unfortunately this model can only take 8 GBs of RAM its already maxed out lol

I'm cutting my THIRD feature (all done on this same little computer). So I really pushed my little computer to its limit, and now I guess I've finally outgrown it.

Thanks guys for the feedback

• Fri, Feb 20 2015 6:17 PM In reply to

With the new support of UHD, I'm doubting the Mac Mini would be supported anymore...unless Apple releases a version that can take more than 8 GB of RAM.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller