Latest post Mon, Feb 16 2015 9:04 PM by timvertigofilms. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 14 2015 10:49 PM

Application Manager has Stopped Working.....

Hi Avid Support,

Am running MC8.3.0 which I updated to recently.  I have been using it on location every day for two weeks.  Today I turned my 17i MBP running 10.9.5 and fired up Avid and an error message 6 appeared - Avid wouldn't start up.  The Application Manager was telling me it wasn't registered.  I have been running this Avid through all it's updates since 2009 and never had real issues with it.

I tried Marriana's Forum suggestions of deleting the Licence folder but when I try to re-licence it, through the application manager, the application manager sits there telling me it's registering but never completes.  I have un-installed and re-installed Avid, and get the same issue.

I deactivated and uninstalled on the 17i MBP and have now installed a new download on my personal new 15i MBP running 10.9.5 and it tells me registration fails.

Did I mention I was on a shoot.  We have lost half a day of edit time so far, and despite having an Avid that I've regularly spent money on updating etc etc it is now useless.  And it's saturday, am in the US and can't get through to support.

Other than the fact that I need to get this Avid running, this Apllication Manager method of licencing seems really fragile, and in this instance has seen our location edit grind to a halt.

So can someone from Avid Support please assist as soon as possible, 

Many thanks

Tb

• Sat, Feb 14 2015 11:02 PM In reply to

Re: Application Manager has Stopped Working.....

If phoning your Avid support does not get you help you may need to email Marianna (Being aware it is currently 6pm Saturday evening for her right now)

• Sun, Feb 15 2015 3:38 AM In reply to

Thanks for the reply Andrew - I did drop Marianna an e-mail earlier today but am very mindful that it's the weekend - so am not expecting an immeditae response from her at all - any suggestions from this forum until then though would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Tb

• Sun, Feb 15 2015 5:02 AM In reply to

I would uninstall the Application manager. 
    delete the folder Mac: /Library/Cache/Avid/AppManager
    Uninstall 8.3
    Do a full power down wait and restart.
    Then reinstall 8.3 which will reinstall the correct Application manager

Checkout Keith Gerrards posts in this thread

• Mon, Feb 16 2015 9:04 PM In reply to

Hi Andrew,

Cosmin e-mailed me with a potential solution that had already crossed my mind - so here's the thing.

We've been filming in New Zealand, then here in Nevada - we take a feed into this Avid through an AJA IO - we've been running this system for years - it works very well - but the AJA does not carry embedded Timecode into the Avid - so we have to run on Internal Timecode on the digitise panel - this means setting the MBP's clock to local time - which I'd done.

We'd crossed the International Date Line from NZ to USA - is it really possible that this has messed with the Application Manager licencing...?  I've been busy on the shoot - but have just deleted and uninstalled everything and re-installed it all - and Avid started up first time, no need to register, nothing...!!  So it's fixed.

Thanks for the advice - and thanks Cosmin, we'd thought of this time think but were writing it off as optimism!

Thanks

Tim

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller