Latest post Sat, Mar 14 2015 7:44 PM by bryancolvin. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 9 2015 9:21 AM

Mic Labels in patch area and timeline

Sound Devices recorders always supply me with useful metadata for each mic channel such as MixL MixR Boom Lav1 Lav2, etc

Once I've made my sync clips I can rename each track so that when I'm patching I can see what I'm grabbing from 

CAN WE AUTOMATE THAT!? A way to take metadata columns and apply it to track renaming in a sync clip

If I used A3 BOOM, I REALLY want to see that in the audio region (audio clip) in the timeline.

In the fast menu on the timeline window Clip Text gives us:

Clip Tracks (close but no cigar, doesn't show CUSTOM track names!! that would solve it!)

Even better if there was a way in AAF to carry over this metadata to pro tools that would be awesome.

• Sun, Jan 11 2015 12:25 PM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,311
    • Points 14,860

Re: Mic Labels in patch area and timeline

bryancolvin:
    CAN WE AUTOMATE THAT!? A way to take metadata columns and apply it to track renaming

+1

• Sat, Mar 14 2015 7:44 PM In reply to

Re: Mic Labels in patch area and timeline

bump.

seriously how can we automate this?

Is there an SDK for reading/writing bin files? I'm willing to write some code to make this happen. Even if it has to be a 3rd party app you drag and drop your bins into and it mods the track names of your sync clips. I'd be THRILLED to have this working!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller