Latest post Fri, Nov 21 2014 10:01 PM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 21 2014 1:54 AM

• dowbyc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 4 2013
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

Blur Effect Media Composer 5

Hello, 

I need to find a way to blur a logo on a jacket that is only visible at the end of a shot. 

I'm trying to work with the Blur effect, but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to track it myself using keyframes and it seems like too short a sample for the auto tracking to work ideally. 

Any suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated! I'm new to using the Blur tool and it seems to be winning over my brain. 

• Fri, Nov 21 2014 11:01 AM In reply to

Re: Blur Effect Media Composer 5

dowbyc:
    there doesn't seem to be a way for me to track it myself using keyframes

This should work:

1. Add an edit 1 frame prior to the logo appearing.  You should wind up with a very short clipwith the logo visible for the whole clip.

2. Add a Paint Effect (Image > Paint Effect) to the clip you created in step 1.

3. Enter effects mode.

4. Park on the first frame of the clip, but make sure both keyframes are still active (pink).

5. Draw a shape over the logo.

6. Change the mode from Solid to Blur.

7. Adjust the blur until you're happy with it.

8. Park on the last frame of the clip so that only the last keyframe is active (pink).

9. Move the shape you created in step 5 so it covers the logo again.

Now the shape should move from where the logo was in the first frame to where it is on the last frame.  If the shape covers the logo the entire time, you're done.  If the shape moves off the logo at any point, add a keyframe and repeat step 9.

Hope that helps.

Media Composer 2022.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Nov 21 2014 9:14 PM In reply to

camoscato:

dowbyc:
    there doesn't seem to be a way for me to track it myself using keyframes

This should work:

1. Add an edit 1 frame prior to the logo appearing.  You should wind up with a very short clipwith the logo visible for the whole clip.

2. Add a Paint Effect (Image > Paint Effect) to the clip you created in step 1.

3. Enter effects mode.

4. Park on the first frame of the clip, but make sure both keyframes are still active (pink).

5. Draw a shape over the logo.

6. Change the mode from Solid to Blur.

7. Adjust the blur until you're happy with it.

8. Park on the last frame of the clip so that only the last keyframe is active (pink).

9. Move the shape you created in step 5 so it covers the logo again.

Now the shape should move from where the logo was in the first frame to where it is on the last frame.  If the shape covers the logo the entire time, you're done.  If the shape moves off the logo at any point, add a keyframe and repeat step 9.

Hope that helps.

I did exactly this ^^^ earlier today to get rid of a logo on a computer monitor. 

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Fri, Nov 21 2014 10:01 PM In reply to

Kenton.VanNatten:
    to get rid of a logo on a computer monitor.

Dude.  Should've just turned the monitor off.  Duh.

Media Composer 2022.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller