Latest post Sun, Nov 16 2014 4:15 AM by Alireza Vasefi. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 13 2014 1:29 PM

Some tip for MC8

Hi

May I ask:

1- how can I change my wave scale in audio track? most of them is so higt and they are not recogniseable and I need to make them smailer!

2- What is the easiest and fastest way to ajust the audio level? put keyframe and ajust one by one is not a good way I think or it is what is your workflow?

3- when I select wave form for a track to show just when I select a part of my project it works and show me just that part! how can I set to see all my audio in a track with wavefrom?

Many thanks 

Protools 11 HD, HD Native Card, D-Command, Omni, Sync IO Symphony 6 / Media composer 8 Mac Pro, Macbook Pro 13" Retina, Mac OS 10.10 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 13 2014 4:51 PM In reply to

Re: Some tip for MC8

1.) That's a limitation of MC.  I am hopeful they will fix it at some point, but sometimes the waveforms are so intense they are useless to try and edit to.

2.) Personally, I prefer clip-based changes instead of automation, but I don't do high-level audio...I leave that to other people who do the mixes.  You just change the volume in the mix tool per clip and add edits with dissolvbes if you need to transition levels.

3.) Settings > Timeline > Display...uncheck "Show Marked Waveforms"

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Nov 13 2014 5:52 PM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 594
    • Points 7,435
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Alireza Vasefi:
    1- how can I change my wave scale in audio track? most of them is so higt and they are not recogniseable and I need to make them smailer!

1. Enable the track selectors of the track(s) whose waveforms you want to resize

2. Press alt/command/k to reduce the waveform size, alt/command/l to increase it

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 13 2014 6:02 PM In reply to

MikeyB:
    Alireza Vasefi:

1. Enable the track selectors of the track(s) whose waveforms you want to resize

2. Press alt/command/k to reduce the waveform size, alt/command/l to increase it

You learn something new every day!

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Nov 13 2014 7:01 PM In reply to

Alireza Vasefi:
    when I select wave form for a track to show just when I select a part of my project it works and show me just that part! how can I set to see all my audio in a track with wavefrom?

Timeline Fast Menu > Audio Data > Waveform

That should turn them on for all tracks.

Media Composer 2021.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Nov 16 2014 4:13 AM In reply to

Kevin Klimek:

MikeyB:
    Alireza Vasefi:

You learn something new every day!

Hi Kevin

Yes, exactly ;)  I try hard

It is the best time and my fun of my life to learn something new every day :P

Protools 11 HD, HD Native Card, D-Command, Omni, Sync IO Symphony 6 / Media composer 8 Mac Pro, Macbook Pro 13" Retina, Mac OS 10.10 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Nov 16 2014 4:14 AM In reply to

Thank you very much it was very helpful specialy No. 3

• Sun, Nov 16 2014 4:15 AM In reply to

MikeyB:

Alireza Vasefi:

Hi

Thanks for great short cut it is very useful for me 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller