Latest post Mon, Nov 10 2014 12:04 AM by MAC HOLLAND. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Nov 8 2014 2:48 PM

• MAC HOLLAND
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 9 2006
    • Holland Landing Ontario
    • Posts 740
    • Points 9,390

Deleted media by mistake

I was clearing useless files from a bin, and indvertently deleted the good stuff. 

I re-imported the clips and they play in the preview, but the timeline still says media offline

Is it possible to re-link and edit timeline to the clips, so I don't have to re-edit them?

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 4.08 Asus P6T6 WS Revolution Intel X58 LGA1366 Motherboard Intel Core i7 920 Processor BX80601920 - 2.66GHz, LGA 1366, 4.8GT/s QPI... [view my complete system specs]

MAC HOLLAND
    YORK REGION - ONTARIO

• Sat, Nov 8 2014 5:01 PM In reply to

Re: Deleted media by mistake

I would duplicate my timeline into a new bin.

Open the bins with the newly imported media.
    Select the duplicate timeline and try relinking with as many applicable options checked and making sure the option that is something like in "from open bins"is selected

Or select the timeline and choose Batch import.

Or go to the Attic and open earlier versions of the bins that still have all the old clips in and batch import those

Good luck

• Sun, Nov 9 2014 12:52 AM In reply to

• MAC HOLLAND
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Posts 740
    • Points 9,390

Had tired highlighting theh clips and relinking, but not the sequence...that worked very well thx 

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 4.08 Asus P6T6 WS Revolution Intel X58 LGA1366 Motherboard Intel Core i7 920 Processor BX80601920 - 2.66GHz, LGA 1366, 4.8GT/s QPI... [view my complete system specs]

MAC HOLLAND
    YORK REGION - ONTARIO

• Sun, Nov 9 2014 3:22 PM In reply to

MAC HOLLAND:

I was clearing useless files from a bin, and indvertently deleted the good stuff. 

I re-imported the clips and they play in the preview, but the timeline still says media offline

Is it possible to re-link and edit timeline to the clips, so I don't have to re-edit them?

In the future, remember that you can Batch Import and it will create new media linked to the offline clips. What you did was re-import, which creates new media and new clips. And those new clips have no association with your sequence.  That's why it remained offline while the clips were online. 

Keep in mind that Batch Import only works with media that was imported. 

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Mon, Nov 10 2014 12:04 AM In reply to

• MAC HOLLAND
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Posts 740
    • Points 9,390

Thats good to know Kenton - many thanks

MAC HOLLAND
    YORK REGION - ONTARIO

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller